Page 186 of 251 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 186

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You should be happy with your body. In the meantime, lean on the fact that we enjoy it and move on from there

It does look like a mommy-tummy. How old is the littlest again? And I think you said that being blond your skin was more on the fragile side. Therefore, love it as proof of your ability to procreate and give it time to heal. It is a good step that you can show us, though

I just re-read the first line- and it's should as in I want you to be happy with it not should as in "What's wrong with you that you don't like what you have." Because sometimes it's hard to be happy with what you look at on a daily basis.
    Last edited by drssgchic; 06-08-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

healing- not going to happen. this is likely as healed as it gets; littlest is 2. thank you for the kind words.

i was in a hurry this morning, so breakfast was a big plate of lettuce with a bunch of ground pork on top and some Bragg's dressing. i wish Bragg's made the dressing without the "liquid aminos." then the kids and i met my dad at a local theme park and ended the visit with a picnic. we ate apples, colby cheese, and curry cashews.

little guy was up off and on last night gasping for air due to croup. i managed to get him to calm down and fall back to sleep, but if was any worse we would've taken a trip to the ER. I hope he sees improvement tonight; last night was a surprise so it's likely to get worse before it gets better. i still have a ton of trig homework to do, and a test on tuesday.

Aww, I don't like sick younguns, I hope he feels better soon.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Trig and a colicky baby? Shoot me now . . . Oh, wait, the trig isn't a problem for you

Hope he's better soon

Skin isn't bone, but enough years have passed that you can't feel the bump of calcium where I broke my collar bone as a kid anymore. So, I'm going to hold out hope for you
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Trig and a colicky baby? Shoot me now . . . Oh, wait, the trig isn't a problem for you

Hope he's better soon

Skin isn't bone, but enough years have passed that you can't feel the bump of calcium where I broke my collar bone as a kid anymore. So, I'm going to hold out hope for you
    Still hope.
    My sister-in-law is a Ginger... pale freckly skin... after #2 there was a good deal of what you have. Mummy-Tummy.
    After about 5-6 years... you could still see the stretch marks glint/shimmer in the light, but her tummy was flat like the extra skin never even existed.
    For some people it just takes time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

wow, cori, that would be fabulous if that happened to me. did she get any laser work done to it? i've considered that. it's non-invasive and seems relatively free of possible complications.

drssgchic- croup. baby's sleeping soundly and then suddenly:

that kid isn't gasping like mine was. then when they calm down, it turns into this:

and if you can't get that to stop, it's a warning that you should probably head to the ER before it gets worse. luckily, i was able to settle him down again.

i've dealt with it before, so it wasn't so scary as it has been in the past. but still, i don't want to haul my three kids to the ER in the middle of the night. for older kids, it's just a mild cold.

I'll take a look when I get home. Counting down . . .

Finally all caught up in your journal I love that your kids play in the mud and get hosed off. My childhood wouldn't have been the same without that part.

thigh: 22.5"
    hips: 39.5"
    waist: 29"
    below belly button: 34"

around three weeks ago:
    thighs 24.25"
    widest part of butt (hip?) 40"
    natural waist 30.5"
    right under my belly button/above my hip bones 34.75"

i guess that's an improvement, especially considering all of the ice cream i ate, and the not-so-dark chocolate i've been snacking on incessantly.

i have been hearing a weird noise at night, and i've finally figured out what it is. silly kitty.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    You should be happy with your body. In the meantime, lean on the fact that we enjoy it and move on from there
    Yeah. More cos-play please ....

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    little guy was up off and on last night gasping for air due to croup. i managed to get him to calm down and fall back to sleep, but if was any worse we would've taken a trip to the ER. I hope he sees improvement tonight; last night was a surprise so it's likely to get worse before it gets better. i still have a ton of trig homework to do, and a test on tuesday.
    That is the suckitude. The wife just spent the week in hospital with appendicitis (she was in 'no mans land' where she wasn't bad enough to operate on, or healthy enough to send home), coming home eventually when they decided that the inflammation had gone down enough and she was stable. So she's on antibiotics and strict instructions to race right back in if the pain suddenly gets worse.

Being in a hospital sucks. I imagine that it would be a logistical nightmare for you as well with your other kiddies. Do you have family nearby who can race over to look after your other kids?

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How's the little guy doing?