Page 185 of 250 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 185

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    oh dear! thank god for modern medicine! you must think i'm kind of a whiny brat.

have you ever checked out Shape of a Mother? sometimes i browse when i'm feeling down about myself; it helps to normalize body flaws.

had to clear my mind of some thing unrelated to this post. time for bed, night cori!
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-05-2012 at 12:17 AM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    No... I don't think you are a whiny brat. LOL

We all have different issues, and come from different backgrounds, and emotional places...
    Just because a person hasn't walked the same road I have doesn't meant that they don't have feelings that are just as intense about the road that they are walking on...
    ... Unless they are involved in reality TV. Then they need to be shot.

I'd never eve heard of that site. Very cool...
    I had my baby over 19years ago... nothing like that back then!
    It's good that that is out there... with media the way it is and the influence on culture and the demands of 'perfect'... bah!!!
    It's really ridiculous.
    Of course carrying babies is going to change things...
    The media totally screws women on this one!
    You look great. You've had kids, your skin was stretched!
    And you still really do look great.

Of course... I'm in my current heavy boat because of years of on and off bouts of the disease and drugs to cover the pain... and even with the stim working it doesn't cover 100%... so I have to take it easy or I get flare ups.
    And depression/PTSD and those pills early on...
    And now I have the second disease squishing my brain and the meds for that... Bleh.
    For me... I lose a pound or two a month, and I just have to be OK with that.
    The metabolism is broke! And I can't walk all day, or hike, or sprint, or lift... to fix it.
    I'm not going for hanging out in a bikini being a trophy wife for the husband or whatever...
    I just want to be healthier because my body is getting beat up something fierce health wise. And medication wise... the med for the IH is pretty brutal.
    And because at some point not being basically house bound would be AWESOME!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hmm...it's kind of relieving having those pics up there. kind of scary for some stupid reason, but also relieving.
    Looks like a mummy tummy. And not even a very big one at that. Isn't that more a badge of honour than something to be ashamed of?

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Just because a person hasn't walked the same road I have doesn't meant that they don't have feelings that are just as intense about the road that they are walking on...
    ... Unless they are involved in reality TV. Then they need to be shot.
    *hides the first seasons of Real Housewives of South Dakota*

I'd never eve heard of that site. Very cool...
    I had my baby over 19years ago... nothing like that back then!
    It's good that that is out there... with media the way it is and the influence on culture and the demands of 'perfect'... bah!!!
    It's really ridiculous.
    Of course carrying babies is going to change things...
    The media totally screws women on this one!
    You look great. You've had kids, your skin was stretched!
    And you still really do look great.

Of course... I'm in my current heavy boat because of years of on and off bouts of the disease and drugs to cover the pain... and even with the stim working it doesn't cover 100%... so I have to take it easy or I get flare ups.
    And depression/PTSD and those pills early on...
    And now I have the second disease squishing my brain and the meds for that... Bleh.
    For me... I lose a pound or two a month, and I just have to be OK with that.
    The metabolism is broke! And I can't walk all day, or hike, or sprint, or lift... to fix it.
    I'm not going for hanging out in a bikini being a trophy wife for the husband or whatever...
    I just want to be healthier because my body is getting beat up something fierce health wise. And medication wise... the med for the IH is pretty brutal.
    And because at some point not being basically house bound would be AWESOME!
    that would be awesome, i'm sorry you have to deal with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Looks like a mummy tummy. And not even a very big one at that. Isn't that more a badge of honour than something to be ashamed of?
    it should be a badge of honor, but i don't see it like that.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I can relate to the "I know what it SHOULD be, but it's not for me" mentality. Self-esteem issues suck, but you CAN improve on them. Keep writing, pretty lady, we obviously like chatting with you
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

i like chatting with you guys too. really, i just need to accept what i have. i think being (mostly) okay with posting those pics means that i'm closer than i was.

Yeah, you're all right, besides your aversion to testicles and tornadoes.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

hey, i never said i have an aversion to testicles or tornadoes. :P

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I can relate to the "I know what it SHOULD be, but it's not for me" mentality. Self-esteem issues suck, but you CAN improve on them. Keep writing, pretty lady, we obviously like chatting with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i like chatting with you guys too. really, i just need to accept what i have. i think being (mostly) okay with posting those pics means that i'm closer than i was.
    Alla thiss...

I randomly mentioned a boob job to husband the other day... some how it fit with the conversation, although I have no idea how at this point...
    And he said "why"... I said "why not"... he said "that's a lot of money"
    So I said "yeah, but I want you to love my boobs"
    He raised one eyebrow at me and says "So, I don't love them or YOU don't love them?"
    Point taken... he wins!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

PrimalCon New York
    yup, that's mostly the scenario here. i know hubby looks at other pics, and there was the issue with him sending me pics, but in the recent few years the overwhelming majority of comments about my body have been positive. meanwhile, it's me who's putting such a high priority on looking a certain way and basing my self-worth on it. granted, subtle ways that he acted in our early years made a big impression on this process, but in the past few years he has been supportive. he really is just clueless sometimes.