Page 171 of 251 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 171

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh and you'll never guess what my *8 year old* asked me today!! the cat is in heat for the third time, and so she's yowling and rolling around.
    son asks "does it hurt to be in heat."
    me: "i don't know"
    son: "well you should, you've been in heat before!"

oh dear... well, sort of. not really. so i had to explain the whole period/cramps thing. yes sometimes my uterus cramps and that hurts, but i generally don't roll around on the floor and yowl.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    oh and you'll never guess what my *8 year old* asked me today!! the cat is in heat for the third time, and so she's yowling and rolling around.
    son asks "does it hurt to be in heat."
    me: "i don't know"
    son: "well you should, you've been in heat before!"

oh dear... well, sort of. not really. so i had to explain the whole period/cramps thing. yes sometimes my uterus cramps and that hurts, but i generally don't roll around on the floor and yowl.
    I so just LAUGHED out LOUD at that!
    Gotta love the kids.
    Did you explain the difference between estrus/heat and the human period.
    One of these things is not like the other... great now that song is playing in my head.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Good luck explaining that to a boy. I'm 30 and I still don't know anything about the subject. Well, don't WANT to know about it.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

i wanted to. but i was worried where that conversation would go. "sure mom goes through heat, but she doesn't roll around the floor and present her bum for mounting. instead, she looks at lots of pics of really hot guys and talks about sex a lot." yeahh...maybe not.
    i really want to be one of those moms who is so easygoing about the topic of sex. but i generally freeze because i *really* want to NOT impose my awkward feelings on them, so i end up just avoiding the topic. i had been period-free for so long that the kids didn't really have any questions about a monthly cycle. now that i'm dealing with that again, i've fielded questions from the 5 year old, and i think i've done well not to be weird about that. but the sex thing gets to be weird because i don't feel like they can really understand it. sex isn't just tab A into slot B, there's so much more to what sex is than just the physical. bodily changes, i can discuss. how it impacts behavior, don't want to go there yet.

not that any of this really has to do with sex, i could've just told him about what the kitty is experiencing. but when he compared me to the cat, i sort of froze.

Simple works mostly.
    Just a quick, "Well, animals and people work differently. Cats/animals have very distinct times when pregnancy can occur, thus all the craziness and yowling to let male cats in the area know, and heat is the only time they breed ... Women (who don't always experience definite 'heat' signs) don't work that way. Humans may have sex at anytime, and don't always know when the pregnancy might occur (true even for some women who track their cycles if they are irregular)."

It's simple and scientific. Good enough for the younger kids.
    The emotional talk is really way over their heads and just confusing until the pubescent years.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

true enough.

i learned recently that female cats can basically ovulate on command. when a male mounts her, little barbs on the end of his penis irritate her tissue and stimulate ovulation.

i think he was just wondering if she was experiencing pain, so my mind shot straight to periods, as those have been historically very painful for me. my thinking is not always linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    true enough.

i learned recently that female cats can basically ovulate on command. when a male mounts her, little barbs on the end of his penis irritate her tissue and stimulate ovulation.

i think he was just wondering if she was experiencing pain, so my mind shot straight to periods, as those have been historically very painful for me. my thinking is not always linear.
    Yeah... it's the mating that causes ovulation. And the penis barbs thing... *shudder*... I understand that it takes about 5 mountings to get the ovarys to popping out the eggs...
    So... not kitting is not in pain because she is in heat... but she would be if she were to be bread... because cats are king of the S&M domain. LOL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

lol, oh dear. did i tell you she trapped herself in a tree yesterday? lowest limb is a good 10 feet above the pavement. oh right, i did. nevermind. i was totally "rar, i don't need a man!!" lol.

oh, and i ate an entire (half recipe) angel food cake last night. i have been dealing with insomnia the past week or so, but last night i fell asleep 1.5 hours earlier, despite the shit-ton of sugar.

so there was a little bit of rice and miso soup for breakfast (at the playgroup, since i had skipped breakfast). lunch was leftover beef soup from last night (mostly potatoes) and now we're baking cupcakes. *hides head in shame* delicious, delicious shame.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Emptied the inbox.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula