Page 161 of 250 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 161

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad the funk's lifting. They are the suck- but we're here to help you clear the air
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    thanks for being here for me guys. it's amazing to me to think of the stupid ways we isolate ourselves from others, the categories we put ourselves in which prevent us from feeling comfortable with being around other people (or maybe it's just me). ya know, like the guys i wouldn't mind hanging out with but don't because i don't want to give them the wrong impression or make someone jealous. today i had childcare for a few hours, and spent some of that time alone crying. when i did manage to go out to run errands, i saw several people whom i know are cool, genuine people: at the greenhouse, the cooperative, hell even picking up the kids from the babysitter. i felt like shit but of course when asked all i could say was "i'm good, how are you?" any one of these people would've given me a hug if i had asked, so why do i insist on "being fine" when i know i'm not? because it's appropriate, that's why. and part of me thinks it's ridiculous.

the stuff in my head goes a little deeper than what i've said, but saying it out loud would be like opening a pandora's box. doesn't negate what we've talked about, just that that's kind of the tip of the iceberg.

*sigh* anyway...
    i decided that today i'm going to eat whatever i want because i don't want to deal with it. tomorrow i'll go back to the meat/veg plan. i bought a flourless something or other covered in chocolate at the hoity-toity deli and just ate it. sugar high! (this is going to end well) i had planned to mow the lawn while the kids were gone, but it rained the whole time. the yard looks awful.

cori, this is still like crack:

Since we're talking about tapioca tortilla shells, mine are greasy feeling. I fry 'em just like a pancake, but I use butter for the pan lubrication, is that what's making my tacos hard to handle?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I've never seen this video but yes, this song is like crack!!! I always blast it when in the car and it helps blow away the emotions. Too bad I'm not in the car alone more often as that is my main way to blow it all away...

The lightening is really appropriate too - have you ever danced in a lightening rain storm - watching it hit all around screaming "hit me, Hit Me, HIT ME" but it never does - ya I get it! I must add that no one saw me in the act and only became very concerned when I came inside frozen and soaking wet.

Wish I was there to give you a big hug. Of course, I'd also get in an ass-grab that would make *Mr. Handsy look timid, just because... how often would I get the chance?

*The pervo neighbor.

jyacm- i dunno, sounds like it's the butter. they don't absorb much grease. i've altered the recipe a bit for myself to make it easier. i use rice flour instead of cheese, less greasy and i don't have to shred anything.

don't think i've every danced in a lightning storm, but sounds thrilling. this song is something else, i always crank it up driving in the minivan when the kids aren't around.

FW- thanks for the virtual hug. though i might give you a friendly knee to the groin after your ass grab, with the mood i'm in. hope you're into that sort of thing.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Just a quick guess- you don't want to be a bother with your problems, right? Oh how I know that one. Feel free to PM me if you need to bother someone. Sometimes all you need to do is say it out loud. Hm- actually- for a while my therapist had me use a recorder and actually say the mean stuff I say to myself out loud and record it so I could hear how stupid it was. Maybe it's a thought for you? Even just actually voicing it makes you "hear" it differently.

*Hug!* With or without ass-grab as you prefer
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    cori, this is still like crack:

I've been known to hit the replay on this at least 63 times in a single day...

No time atm... I'll be back though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

that's definitely part of it drssgchic.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    jyacm- i dunno, sounds like it's the butter. they don't absorb much grease. i've altered the recipe a bit for myself to make it easier. i use rice flour instead of cheese, less greasy and i don't have to shred anything.
    Yeah, last time I just did the flour, eggs, and milk for pizza crust. The greasy feeling doesn't bother me that bad, I usually eat pizza with a fork anyway.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.