Page 154 of 250 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 154

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I was a climber in my (very) youthful days. It was common to find me playing in my room after I'd already been asleep when my parents came to check on me. I was found on multiple occasions to have climbed on top of the bookcase near/next to my crib and just chilling there. I love heights still, but they frighten me (guess I just like(d) the thrill). I'm not sure why they didn't move the bookcase...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i bet that was a nice surprise for your parents!

we're the weirdos who do the family bed, extended nursing, etc. stuff so no crib climbing stories here. we haven't owned a crib in years. i can't stand to hear babies cry either, and i love those snuggles. might as well take them while i still can. if the 2 year old isn't going to sleep, but i know he's tired, i will let him cry a bit after everything else has failed. but usually not alone, because that always ends up being counterproductive. if he's being a real pill, i kick him off the bed and then he comes back up a little more cooperative and settles down.

Well 1 and 2 would tire themselves out and lay down...3 is freakin' relentless. He doesn't lay down, just sits in his crib crying...for-ev-ver. You can here him stop, watch tv for a minute, then remember he's supposed to be mad and start crying again. But I'm like you, he's probably our last, so why not get our snuggle on?

they're so cute and squishy. little guy and i had a tickle fight last night as the older two were trying to sleep (they do have their own room, but we were loud). then i started using his foot as a microphone. it's a shame kids don't remember things before a certain age. then again he follows me EVERYWHERE, so maybe it IS a good thing!

also, did a bunch of yardwork yesterday even though i was feeling kind of crappy. now i'm feeling crappier. not ill, just rundown. i need to drink a bunch of water and maybe take it easy today. tomorrow's going to be hot and i don't want to wind up with a major headache. OTOH, bit by bit, the yard is looking better.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i'm looking forward to seeing how the hubs gets along with the neighbor. i told hubby that he needs to "claim his territory." not too much longer and he'll be home for good.

I make steak and the cats circle like sharks.
    Attachment 7488

yes, my kitchen floor is disgusting. the kitchen is the portal to the backyard.
    My husband isn't really the jealous type... BUT... he sparks up every once in a while and I generally laugh about it.
    His recent remark as I was laughing, which only made me laugh even more, "Well... it's my leg and I'll pee on it whenever I want." This was a figurative reference to me of course. Mens... weird, but lets me know I'm "loved".

Kitties.... ACHOOOOOOO!
    I want a naked one. I like kitties, but I'm so allergic.

Yes, that is exactly what a light colored vinyl sheet floor is supposed to look like. Truth.
    Mop it and it looks like that the next day.
    To hell with it... keep the dust swept and mop once a week or so.

Medium tan is MUCH more forgiving... to the eye! The dirt is still there, however, it's just camouflaged!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    our last, so why not get our snuggle on?
    DO it.

I only have one kid... and it's probably fortunate that I got knocked up young (19) and had him, because if I had waited for the "right guy" it would have been too late... because the "NO MORE BABIES" proclamation happened by the time I was married to the husband.

I was a young mom and people were always telling me to let him cry, and don't spoil him when he was still an little guy. And I didn't like to hear him cry so I ignored them. I'm glad.
    When he got old enough to understand words and such there were rules... and I was a stick by the rules you set kind of mom... but there was also always mom's comfort and love and cuddles.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Almost every time Mom would lose me, she'd find me in my room asleep. I was tired so I went to bed. She never caught on. I did this in highschool once. I'd briefly thought to leave her a note on my way through the kitchen, but, nah, she'll see the car in the barn. Nope. Flipped her out. Thought I was in an accident. I'm just glad she didn't have the phone numbers of any of my friends. I woke up an hour or two later to find out that she'd called the school without checking the carport. Really, Mom?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    How about checking your bedroom or calling for you? Kinda funny though - I know we parents will always find something to freak about!

We used to worry about letting our first in our bed as "the experts" always tell you how bad it is - blah blah blah bullshit. Our son has almost always slept in our room. It makes it easy to check on him when he's sick and is just easier than lying on his bed waiting for him to go to sleep. Soon enough, he'll want much less to do with us and you don't want to miss this time!

sorry to neglect you guys. mud flinger, good for you for following your instincts. i lost faith for a bit when my first was little and let him CIO. after 20 minutes of hard crying (and me sobbing in the other room), he fell asleep for maybe 15 min, then woke up screaming again. after that, i vowed never again.

I fucked up my foot, not sure how. it's actually an old injury that has been aggravated, but again i don't know how i aggravated it, or how it was fucked up in the first place. i massaged it, painfully, with a tennis ball for a while. i need to remember to do that periodically until it feels better.

i spent today doing lots of stuff; running errands and the like. i added a bunch of peat moss to one garden bed to give it a little fluff, and noticed something in the window well. it was an adorable baby bunny. of course it's only adorable until i realized that it was going to be eating my produce. we sort of chased it about the yard, and then it disappeared. chances are, one of the neighborhood dogs will get it. so, yeah, gardening. water, turn soil, water, add fertilizer, water, turn soil again, water, add peat, water, turn soil, water. it's nice and wet now; tomorrow i'll rake is smooth, water, then maybe plant some greens or some of the plants i started indoors.

i think my "eat lottsa veg" thing is making me lose weight. it's hard to tell, but while checking to make sure that my jeans were wearable i noticed that my ass is kind of hot again. sweet. weight had been creeping up to the same weight i was when pregnant with #1. maybe i'll measure tomorrow when i'm not so sleepy.

night ya'll.