Page 151 of 251 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 151

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    neighbor's BBQ was a load of fun. their friends are all easy-going, fun people. food was mostly crap, but i ate chicken thighs and some vegetables. then they brought out cake, and i said "WTH" and had a few pieces. oops, oh well. i also drank a bit too much. neighbor chick said i had a nice rack. neighbor dude was very touchy-feely. he kept touching my shoulder, back, etc. at one point, i had bent over to cut some cake for a kid, and he had put a hand on each of my hips. i looked behind me and scolded him: "i'm not drunk enough for that." and he said "I am." still not sure what to think of him. i want to think that he's just a little too "open" but part of me worries that he might be a creep. he's very hands-on with all of the kids as well. i'll just have to watch as things develop. our kids get along so well, i don't want to ruin something and have it turn out to be paranoia. is this degree of touchy-feeliness normal?

anyway, party was fun. came home to a cold house and i'm sobering up. told husband about the touchy-feeliness and he said he was happy that i felt flattered.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    is this degree of touchy-feeliness normal?
    No idea to be honest. That said, if you have a squicky feeling about it, especially about the kids then it is definitely something to keep an eye on. The dude might just be very open, touchy-feely, and that is just how he is. He may be a creep. Definitely something to keep in mind just in case.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    neighbor's BBQ was a load of fun. their friends are all easy-going, fun people. food was mostly crap, but i ate chicken thighs and some vegetables. then they brought out cake, and i said "WTH" and had a few pieces. oops, oh well. i also drank a bit too much. neighbor chick said i had a nice rack. neighbor dude was very touchy-feely. he kept touching my shoulder, back, etc. at one point, i had bent over to cut some cake for a kid, and he had put a hand on each of my hips. i looked behind me and scolded him: "i'm not drunk enough for that." and he said "I am." still not sure what to think of him. i want to think that he's just a little too "open" but part of me worries that he might be a creep. he's very hands-on with all of the kids as well. i'll just have to watch as things develop. our kids get along so well, i don't want to ruin something and have it turn out to be paranoia. is this degree of touchy-feeliness normal?

anyway, party was fun. came home to a cold house and i'm sobering up. told husband about the touchy-feeliness and he said he was happy that i felt flattered.
    You are killing your children, you know that right. You might as well have passed them all beers, smokes, and a side of oxycodone!
    ADDICTS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah... and what canio said about Mr. TouchyFeely.
    Their is friendly social flirting, and then there is that. He's definitely pushing it even by my standards.
    (Those are the standards of a girl who was once suspended from school for giving a guy a bloody nose when he decided her butt was fair game while she was bent over at the water fountain BTW. )
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lol, those addicts don't even know how much they're going through withdrawal right now. i seriously need to stop engaging in the stupid.

i had a flirty feeling about the whole touchy-feeliness. but his wife also told me some things. apparently, when she was 17, his uncle intentionally came in on her in the shower and looked her up and down, then gave her a kiss on the cheek. his wife knew about it and thought it was hilarious. the explanation was "it's a british family." also, when the dad was taking my littlest to go dance, their daughter (5 yo) said something weird like "it's baby penis party time." I thought it was hilarious at the time, but a little weird. when i casually told the mom, she seemed confused and a little shocked. we had been talking about all sorts of random sex or body part related things, so her reaction was a little weird. i'm going to watch them closely. what makes me wary is the whole "tickling" thing. it seems to be pretty normal to tickle a kid whether or not they like it, and that doesn't fly in our house. a kid says "no" and that's NO. I've seen him tickle kids randomly off and on, but haven't seen the all-out force a kid down and tickle him thing. so we're fine so far, but if he crosses that line i'm not sure what we'll do.

okay, food. so yesterday while i was using the neighbor's bathroom, i stepped on her scale (since mine is dead). i've gone up an additional 4 lbs, so i'm 16 lbs higher than i was last summer. i doubt it's muscle. so while i'm doing this "9 cups veg" thing, i also need to decide if i should add in a little hunger now and then. i'll wait a few more days and measure various areas to see if there's a change before deciding if i need to reduce my intake of food. i'd still maintain the meat and vegetables, but i'd probably eat only that and maybe not put as much butter on the veg.

Dinner was 2 hamburger patties (beef+liquid smoke+paprika; grilled)with homemade BBQ sauce, a bunch of baby lettuce, one bell pepper and small onion sauteed in butter, and a handful of yukon gold oven fries.

DSCN0140.jpg

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    "so yesterday while i was using the neighbor's bathroom, i stepped on her scale (since mine is dead). i've gone up an additional 4 lbs, so i'm 16 lbs higher than i was last summer"

^^Too lazy to quote the whole thing and edit it down to that. LOL ***

Um... sorry but I wouldn't put much store in that weight yesterday. With two different scales you are not really comparing apples to apples. Ya know... plus during a day of eating and drinking. Bah!
    Measure... then see.

All those veggies sure look good. I need to have a bit of a fridge clean tomorrow... and I know there are some bits and pieces heading for a saute!

And... I'm just having a bit of fun occasionally poking those two nut jobs. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lol, it's fun to watch. you're right about the scale thing, plus it's TTOM, so i guess that makes a difference. still, it's not going down either. so i've only been doing "the veggie challenge" for 5 days. i'll wait until tuesday and then measure again, see where we're at. what i'm doing feels sustainable, i've noticed that i'm staying satiated longer and not really craving junk. not that that has been a huge problem for me in the past, but it has been less of a problem than normal.

hubby says: let's put these in the backyard.

Sounds like fun to me!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    That was awesome. I love that wall. I want one now.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

i plugged in everything i could remember eating yesterday and only came up with 1700 calories! that's including 4 T of butter and the 2 T honey that i snacked on! my omega 6:3 ratio was 7.6:1, but i think that's wrong because they have no "grass fed butter" option. I also only ate around 1/2 of my RDA for iron, calcium, and protein (61g).

breakfast today: a big-ass steak. the package says 11 oz. so i might cut it in half and eat the other half with lunch. then, it's probably some greens and maybe sweet potato fries or something. also, i made chicken broth last night. i think i'm going to portion it out in mason jars and freeze some. i can keep a rotation going so that i can drink a little every day.

skink- i think what i liked most were the bars on either side and the rope.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-21-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cool wall. Good picture of the kid with the violin. I play guitar so the bigger kids both have little toy ones, but they drive me crazy because they don't understand you can't be rough with them. My girl will hold it and strum it and sing with me but the boy lays it flat on the floor and bangs the strings something terrible. I can't make him understand HOW you hold/strum it. They can't touch mine, I love it too much.
    As for the touchy-feely guy, that's not appropriate, especially for a neighbor they just met. Maybe kinda sorta funny if you all were long-time friends, but having just met you, he's a creep. The fact that his wife thought it was funny is equally disturbing. If this happened to my wife, I would tell her to not talk to or let him in the vicinity of my house until I could get home and stomp a mudhole in his a** and kick the water out. Just sayin'.