Page 149 of 250 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 149

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Would it be possible to stand slightly away from people and watch the kids? Pretend to be the caring, indulgent mother that just can't get too far from her snookems while internally you're saying "breathe, just breathe, almost done." (not that you're not a caring, indulgent mother, but you don't strike me as a helicopter mom, either)

I can't wait until I can start pulling baby greens out of my gardens. I keep telling myself that I need to start eating salads, but then I think about buying greens at the store and just can't.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i should be thinking about what i'm going to bring!
    the booze? kidding!

It sounds like the new family is neighborly at least. Hopefully the kids will have a good time and you wont be too uncomfortable.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    it's a very small yard. really though, i should be fine. i just don't want them to think that i'm being snooty or anything. it's not that i don't want to socialize, sometimes i just need a break.

canio- not a bad idea. he said that he'll be serving MGD, so i could maybe bring hard liquor and mixer ingredients. as long as i can climb back over the fence!

they're very neighborly, nice people, and direct too. our kids have been getting along just great. i'm enjoying getting to know them.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    canio- not a bad idea. he said that he'll be serving MGD, so i could maybe bring hard liquor and mixer ingredients. as long as i can climb back over the fence!
    You could always offer to mix up the drinks and that would give you an excuse to go off to the kitchen/your house for a little bit everytime you needed to mix up another batch. Give you that little breather you might need.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

hmmm...that's an idea. or i could just drink a lot and then i'll be super chatty and annoy everyone. meh, i'm not going to worry about it too much.

Better than my neighbors. They have a kid the same age as mine but if they're outside when we go out, they go in...very frustrating because we're sociable folks. We even took cookies over for Christmas, they weren't at home so we left them on the porch with a nice Christmas card. Very strange, indeed.

that's a bummer! we have friendly neighbors, always saying "hi." when we moved in, one neighbor brought us a huge pile of hot, homemade donuts. OMG they were so good! (i brought her something too, maybe it was brownies) that's how i like it, but i don't know how to do this whole "nice neighbor" thing naturally. i'm always worried about being intrusive or something. i'd really like to have a big BBQ this summer, to invite over all the neighbors and get to know them better. it might be fun to coordinate with a few families: multiple backyard block parties at the same time.

Growing up my parent's neighbors just came over to talk or help out with whatever project we had going on. Dad's friends who didn't live on our street stopped by, we were all very social...it was more considered like loafing around or something. Or course, dad has a detached garage/shop kind of thing so it wasn't like they were coming in our house. I miss the friendliness of it all. These people wave when we're pulling in our drive, but I guess the thought of having to talk to us turns them off. The folks that use to live there was a couple our age, no kids (before we had kids too) they were social and came over for ballgames and stuff. Even came over one night when I was working nights because my wife thought she heard someone trying to get in. Guy and his wife came over, both had guns, and searched the house for my wife. In return, they came over and sat in our basement during tornado warnings and stuff. I can't wait to move. The place where we're building has nice folks that I already know and like...plus its out in the country.

growing up, our neighbors hated us (yappy dogs and our yard was always a public nuisance, plus we were loud). my stepdad is the stereotypical guy who just doesn't talk, and my mom is really pessimistic about people and their intentions, so i didn't exactly have healthy role models as far as socialization goes. my dad, otoh, is very gregarious and well-liked but i didn't spend most of my childhood with him.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I know you want to socialize. I was just thinking about using that for a two-minute re-charge. But making more drinks is better- then they won't even notice if you need to step away for a minute

We had very nice neighbors on one side, and on the other side of the road was what we called "The Trolls." There were a couple of kids in the extended family that lived there that we liked, but for the most part- gah. I remember as a kid being told that I needed to remember to knock before I let myself in the nice neighbor's house

A massive BBQ/block party sounds fun! It sounds like you have quite a few neighbors that would participate.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula