Page 148 of 250 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 148

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    +1 although sometimes it's nice to eat when someone else has cooked. there is a restaurant in town which serves consistently great food, but the average entree is $25-30 for maybe 300 calories of food.
    For me, I'll either feel like throwing it down right and going to one of the few local spots that's really outstanding (but pricey), or I'll feel like I need a specific cuisine fix (Indian and sushi are my two), or sometimes it really is just nice to have the night off. This Friday we're headed to the local pub and I will definitely pour myself in a martini or few (or Manhattan), and maybe I'll go semi-primal with a big steak, maybe I say eff it and get burger or wings or something. The price is right and I don't have far to drive.

But some people eat out a lot, especially when you count breakfasts and lunches. For all the money I spend on grass-fed beef and fresh veggies and my gongous jars of anchovies, I'm still saving money over eating out all the time. OK... cue eating out jokes.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    lol. i bet your wife has no complaints!

cuisine is another temptation too. there's a fairly decent, very affordable indian restaurant in town. you can choose from two meat options, one bean/lentil option, and three vegetable options, plus samosas and such on the side. they make everything from scratch in-house, everything is gluten free except the flat bread, samosas, etc., and the only grains/beans are very obvious and easy to avoid (they serve your choices alongside a giant plate of rice or two pieces of flatbread). usually i eat a bit of the rice, and sometimes i get a meal with chickpeas in them, but really i don't think any of that is going to hurt me in the long run.

breakfast: big plate of baby greens with dressing (3-4 cups at least), around 1 cup sweet potato with butter, 8-10 oz grilled sirloin

it has been very warm lately. the kids and i visited the new neighbor for a bit while he fixed a fence in his yard. they live in the house behind ours, but due to how the blocks are divided, we'd have to walk 4 blocks to get to his house, so we climbed the fence. this is easier said than done in a skirt. i offered to watch his kid while he took an online test, then when his wife returned home she sent the little girl over too. so i ended up watching their two and my 3 while in the hot sun and wearing a black outfit, for maybe 30-45 minutes more. that really wiped me out for the evening, i hate it that i can't handle heat and sun for long.

i felt a little slimmer this morning so i measured:
    waist 29"
    below belly button: 34.5"

lost water weight? empty stomach? who knows.

totally random thought which has been bugging me for the past few days: i used to (or still do) follow a journal of a woman whose husband is a photographer in ?fashion? ?nudie pics? i don't remember who it is; and no clue why that's sticking in my mind. first thought is naiad, but i'm probably wrong.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-17-2012 at 09:50 AM.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    totally random thought which has been bugging me for the past few days: i used to (or still do) follow a journal of a woman whose husband is a photographer in ?fashion? ?nudie pics? i don't remember who it is; and no clue why that's sticking in my mind. first thought is naiad, but i'm probably wrong.
    blackcatbone I think
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Wasn't me. Geek's another engineer. I think it was either blackcatbone or another one (french name, avatar was of a cat on parcment, blasted if I can remember the name.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Un Chanten France? no- it was "the french cat" . . . in french.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

so we climbed the fence. this is easier said than done in a skirt.
    Ahh, if I had a dollar for every time a chick climbed my fence in a skirt. Of course, all of mine were going the wrong way.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Un Chanten France? no- it was "the french cat" . . . in french.
    Yeah, UnchatenFrance, that was her. Don't know if it was her with the photog husband, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

hmmm..i don't think it was unchatenfrance. maybe BCB or possibly onalark? no, it was Nion! goodness, now hopefully that's out of my system.

breakfast was two plates of raw baby greens, a yellow bell pepper, few handfuls of cherry tomatoes, two little (leftover) hamburger patties, and two cups of decaf and cream. not a lot of calories, i'll probably have some sweet potatoes as a snack in a bit.

new neighbors invited me and the kids over for a party on saturday. it could be fun, but i'm a little anxious. my kids are extroverts and i'm an introvert. that sort of shindig leaves me feeling really exhausted. i live just next door so if i want to leave, it will be difficult to get the kids to come home and stay home. meanwhile, i don't know these people (or their friends) to pull the "i'm going to sit in the corner by myself for a while and recharge" thing that i do around people who know me well. oh well, i'm sure i'm worrying about nothing. i should be thinking about what i'm going to bring!