Page 145 of 250 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 145

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've always thought there was something extra fun about snuggling in the kitchen. I may have inherited my Mom's food obsession?

You can totally do two weeks. And I bet that'll make the following two weeks even easier if you choose to add them

Yeah, that cleaning thing. *sigh* Fortunately, I'm moving soon, so that makes it easier to say "am I going to use this SOON?" No- then trash/recycling.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    yeahh. most of the cleaning isn't my mess, but still kind of responsible for it anyway. downside is that if i just start throwing stuff away, i could have a mutiny. not sayin' i haven't done it before though. moving is always good for decluttering. snuggling in the kitchen? how does that work out? i think i need better seating.

i almost bought a cupcake at the grocery store. i was debating it in my head "but what if it tastes like crap?!" and then i forgot to go pick it up before heading to the checkout so it was too late. i was running late this morning, so breakfast was just a little bowl of yogurt. i'm waiting for the bean to fall asleep, then i can make lunch. SOO HUNGRY!!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    snuggling in the kitchen? how does that work out?
    I'm with you on that one. The kitchen is pretty much the one room in the house where no snuggling occurs. Of course, there is a saying in our house, "A woman's place is out of my damned kitchen."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

*sigh* Don't you people ever snog while standing up? Walls to lean against for balance, counters to sit on, hugging the chef from behind while the chef is cooking (can be dangerous when bacon grease is involved). Imagination, people, imagination.

Whenever Mom got really fed up with us not cleaning (and this never applied to me . . . never . . . ) she would pull out a trashbag and tell us that if we didn't clean, anything she thought was trash would be thrown out when she cleaned. She only ever had to follow through on that threat once for each of us.

Canio- can you be, like, hired out or something?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

yeah canio and FW should form a team of hotties who cook. my mom used to pull the trash bag thing too, but never followed through. she should have, our entire house was a fire hazard due to all the junk on the floor. some doors couldn't even be opened/closed.

yeah, we..umm...do stuff standing up. cuddling, to me, is more of a relaxed sort of thing. i actually sometimes get agitated when hubby hugs me while i'm cooking (if it's a long hug) because i'm usually multitasking: wash dishes between flipping this and stirring that, and chopping veggies, toddler wrapping himself around my legs and 5 yo taking 20 min to ask for something. outta my way!

Mmm....food! bigass salad with an avocado and commercial dressing (not bad, but it's made from canola oil), two bratwursts, and some decaf coffee with cream. now i need to fold about a billion loads of laundry so i can wash more, and maybe mop the kitchen floor again before little man wakes up from his nap.

DSCN0126.jpg

Lol- yeah, those kind of cooking days don't lend themselves well to snogging

Food looks good! Have fun with the laundry?

pfft. i HATE laundry!! oh well. being able to wear unwrinkled clothing is, i guess, somewhat nice. my clothing baskets are so buried under piles of clean laundry, i'm not sure how i'm going to work this!

pfft. i HATE laundry!! oh well. being able to wear unwrinkled clothing is, i guess, somewhat nice. my clothing baskets are so buried under piles of clean laundry, i'm not sure how i'm going to work this!
    Hell, I had a meeting with the bigwigs last Tuesday and woke up to find no underwear or socks clean. I'll let you guess which of the sub-optimal choices was selected.

BTW, I'd be happy to work out some sort of barter for my cooking... what you ladies got in trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Hell, I had a meeting with the bigwigs last Tuesday and woke up to find no underwear or socks clean. I'll let you guess which of the sub-optimal choices was selected.

BTW, I'd be happy to work out some sort of barter for my cooking... what you ladies got in trade?
    depends on how well you cook!

depends on how well you cook!
    +1!