Page 144 of 251 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 144

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i ordered pizza for the kids' dinner and ordered a BAS for myself. this is normally served in a 3 qt. salad bowl at the restaurant; though there's a fair amount of pepperoni, salami, and cheese in addition to the romaine-based salad. i ate 3/4 of it, and i'm saving the rest for later.

I tried the tapioca flour tortilla shells and while I made a couple too thick (kinda chewy); the wife got the good thin ones. Either way, they were awesome. We going to try little pizzas next time. Thanks for the recipe.

I need cuddles this morning.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    *snuggles up to Saoirse* I've been needing a hug for about a week. Maybe we can help each other out

I used to think that Mom thought about food too much. Well, after cooking for myself- and knowing that she cooked for six, not one- there's a reason her world seemed to revolve around food . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

i bet your mom felt like she thought about food too much. i know i do. i can barely clean up after one meal before someone complaining that they need more food. then there's all the shopping, cleaning out the fridge, etc. i can definitely see the appeal to eating out all the time or buying premade crap.

thanks for the snuggles.

oh gee, thanks for reminding me!!

(when you see weird comments like this, you can safely assume that i was talking to a spambot who has since been deleted)
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-27-2012 at 11:39 AM.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, she did We would occasionally have "breakfast for dinner" days because she just didn't feel like cooking. I told my cousin about it and she was just floored. Omelets for dinner! No way! We always thought they were good
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I love breakfast for dinner.

As resident cook, I always think about what I'm making for dinner and what I need to go buy. Some weeks, I'll come up with a Monday-Friday plan and then just wing the weekend. Other weeks I'll go more day to day, but by early afternoon I have a complete game plan for when I hit the kitchen. My Facebook friends (Facebook, or what I like to call my cooking blog) are always saying how exotic/extravagant our weekday meals are, but I don't agree. Sometimes, but not usually, I have an actual recipe; most of the time, I'm doing a variation of something familiar. I know what I need to prep and get my mise en place rolling. I know what order I need to start cooking to maximize efficiency.

And I know damn well that tomorrow's leftovers will beat the shit out of most people crap-assed SAD lunches. Oh, Smart Ones? Mickey D's? Chinese takeout? Enjoy feeling like a giant zit.

I could use some snuggle time. Did not sleep well last night for some reason and am worthless without a good night's complement of Z's.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'll snuggle all you want if you come be my personal chef!

after some self-reflection, i've come to the conclusion that i've been spending too much time doing lazy stuff and not enough time doing important stuff, ie. taking the kids places and also house cleaning. i'm also deciding to commit to just 2 weeks of clean-eating. mostly just veg, fruit, and meat, with none of this stupid boredom eating. 2 weeks isn't long, right? exceptions will be the occasional bit of decaf with cream, and little guy's birthday cake when that happens.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.