Page 138 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 138

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I once had the brilliant idea to lay out nude on the roof... (lived out in the country, no one would see, modernish flatish roofed house) ...

It was a beautiful warm, but not too hot, day and I dozed off. Of course, certain parts of me were VERY white... sunburned nipples are most certainly one of the nine levels of HELL.

I completely feel ya! Boob burns suck.
    Husband should seriously kiss it better... especially since you were being such a good sport when you garnered it.

/waves
    Hey you.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-28-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    hey cori, thanks for dropping by! honestly, it hurts less than i thought it would. makes nursing a little interesting (i've got a pincher), but not that bad. my god, burnt nipples must have sucked.

oldest kid was invited to a birthday party by a kid from school, and i'm not sure if it's an "all in" sort of thing or if it's oldest kid who's invited. so hubby is taking oldest kid (and staying, we don't know these people) while i'm baking a mini cake for younger two. i'm going for a two layer gluten free white "confetti" cake with strawberry frosting. maybe i'll take pics if it turns out well.

I'm imagining a sweetened, whipped coconut cream frosting with strawberries blended in... inside my head it's REAL good. Execution may however be different...

I haven't tried any substitution baking at all as I'm not allowed to have salt or baking soda/powder.
    But I bet I could frees that whipped "frosting" concoction into popsicle molds for some NOM treats. Ohh... blackberry season at the u-pick field starts here next week... Blackberry coconut creame whippy pops!!!
    Yeah, at this point they really need to happen.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

that sounds so yummy! you could make an angel food cake- no leavening needed.

i used a basic white cake recipe and subbed white rice and tapioca flours for the cake flour, then cut all the ingredients into 1/4 and baked in two tiny spring form pans (that i bought so i could make mini cheesecakes for hubby to take to work). the frosting was this frosting, using natural gelatin instead, and strawberry juice instead of the water. we lit candles and had a little un-birthday fun. now i have a shit-ton of pink fluffy berry frosting and we all have sugar rushes.

DSCN0110.jpg

now i'm introducing little girl to her first ever sloppy joe. i think i've served this before, but she doesn't remember it. we have some GF buns leftover from the BBQ, but i'll eat mine with chips or maybe in some lettuce.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 04-28-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Lucky kids!

Am I just weird, or are kids not seriously at their absolute BEST during the snaggle tooth smile years!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

haha, i completely agree.

hubby made dinner a few nights ago- it was a "throw together whatever's in the fridge" type of meal. ham, bacon, potatoes in a cheesy whiskey sauce with a baked spaghetti squash for us adults (kids don't like it). i was very sad, because he *really* wanted me to like the sauce and i just didn't. the whiskey just kind of ruined the taste for me, not a fan of whiskey. it's silly but i still feel bad about not liking it. anyway, i threw some swiss and colby cheeses on top of my pile of hot, buttered squash and that was pretty yummy.

littlest person was sick most of last week, and is just getting over it. nursing has sucked because he's using his teeth(not sure why he does it, but it has something to do with his stuffy nose). DAMMIT STOPPIT! I can't get him to change, though it's getting better as his nasal passages clear. i was completely blocking it out, and that backfired because i looked down after one particularly painful nursing session to notice that he had picked my giant blister scab from the hot casing incident. blood all over me and his hand. oh joy.

anyway, he's well enough to send off to childcare now, so tomorrow i think we might go on a date. the weather should be beautiful, maybe we'll take a picnic/hike. i missed biking during our little stretch of shitty weather.

LSUhoneybadger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I wonder if guys dig scars like chicks dig 'em on guys?
    No but we can adapt in that situation.

well coll because i have a number of them. mostly from growing people and baking.