Page 12 of 250 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 12

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yesterday was good. why on earth are all of the chicken options on sparkpeople "without skin and bones"?? do they honestly think that NO ONE eats chicken skin?? not even on chicken wings??

i was happy, energetic and sated until around 10pm when i drank a little chai rooibos tea and almost immediately felt ill. i don't think the rooibos was the cause of my nausea, but it's possible. hubby was spray painting in the basement yesterday (jerk), and that may have been the cause, or it might have been the senna tea i drank the night before, OR it might have been the two bites of chocolate frosting i had. who knows. hubby spray painted today again (dork) so i guess we'll see if i'm nauseous again tonight. sucks for him because i was thinking of *ahem* initiating something last night before i felt ill.

yesterday's totals:
    2,377 cals
    91g carbs
    176g fat
    115 g protein

this morning i weighed myself, and i dropped 3 lbs from a few days ago!! that's 8 lbs down from the end of december. i'm only 7 lbs heavier than i was before i had my first baby, almost 8 years ago.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 02-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    The random wave of nausea -- how odd. I wonder?

Initiating some kayaking eh? :D

YAY for more weight loss, since that seems like your goal, happy for ya.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

it's not completely my goal. really i want a lower body fat %, and eventually want to go out and play physically. i stepped on my scale after dinner, and i had gained 5 lbs since this morning. i think that means my scale is crap and i shouldn't weigh myself. not that i'm compulsive about it or anything, honestly this is the first scale i've ever owned (even while growing up), and i've had it less than a year. i weigh myself once-a few times per week. anyway...

the nausea was really weird. considering how emo i've been lately, i'm wondering if...no i'm not going to even say it. really have to get the *snip snip* done soon!

i didn't track yesterday, but it was a decent food day. in fact, i think it was a lower calorie, low carb day. i was really crabby all day, but i think it was because the house was a mess. hubby took half the day off so that he and the kids could go sledding. baby had a long nap while i cleaned quite a bit, so that's around 2 hours of "move slowly." i HATE HATE HATE looking through the pictures that kids draw for me, to pick which to keep and which to throw out. i threw away half of a trash bag of "here mommy, i made this for you." ugh, but we can't keep them all.

breakfast: sausage, kale, and ?something?
    lunch: yogurt with blueberries
    dinner: herb-rubbed venison steak with cranberry chipotle sauce, and butter-drenched sweet potato
    there were some snacks in between, but nothing much.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 02-08-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Lower body fat as opposed to lower weight -- well that's a bit trickier! Playing is always a great goal too, I share that with ya. Really looking forward to recovery and summer!

I take photos of all my kid's artwork from school (or scan them) and post to my flickr stream. That way I always have them but don't have to keep a giant pile of paper. Her artwork doesn't look like anything in particular yet but it's nice to have it digitally anyway!

Plus -- the digital images are actually more durable than the construction paper is, if you think about it! They don't fade... you can print them out or use them as wallpaper on your computer or whatever... etc.
    Last edited by Jenny; 02-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Lower body fat as opposed to lower weight -- well that's a bit trickier! Playing is always a great goal too, I share that with ya. Really looking forward to recovery and summer!

I take photos of all my kid's artwork from school (or scan them) and post to my flickr stream. That way I always have them but don't have to keep a giant pile of paper. Her artwork doesn't look like anything in particular yet but it's nice to have it digitally anyway!

Plus -- the digital images are actually more durable than the construction paper is, if you think about it! They don't fade... you can print them out or use them as wallpaper on your computer or whatever... etc.
    Hmm...good idea, though i would have been scanning all day. honestly, it's just something that had to be done. my kids draw a ton, and expect to keep every scrap of paper that they draw on.

Yeah, when it piles up to that crazy degree you have to just bite the bullet! Totally understandable. And there's more where that came from.

i haven't been tracking lately, but i've been good. well, almost, i haven't really done any exercises. i'm thinking of instituting VLC for one week each month. looking at the before/after pics is pretty inspiring and i'd like to lose this remainder of belly fat before swimsuit season. not that i actually would wear a bikini...

Hey, don't need a bikini (or a 100% flat belly) to look totally hot in a swimsuit! Do what you can do and pick a suit you love and show it off.

i tend to be really modest, and hard on myself in general. if i have a certain standard for other people, the standard for myself is generally several times more strict, and then i'm still not happy with myself. it's not like i go to the beach and judge other people's bodies, but i do it to myself.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 02-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.