Page 116 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 116

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yeah of course none of us would actually bitch slap a kid (well, maybe darth). my husband likes quiche, too, the way him mom makes it: bacon or ham, swiss cheese, and spinach. it's pretty good, though she sucks at making the crust (big family secret, that crust is, lol). taco salads are another one the kids love, though they are especially happy when i buy GF tortillas. they won't touch fajita meat though, only ground. weirdos. for the life of me i can't think of what it is, but there's something that i make and call something else, and they eat it up. but if i called it the original name, they wouldn't touch it. argh it's bugging me!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've ended up changing the names of a lot of dishes to make them more kid friendly and its worked. Fritattas became Mixed Up Eggs and there are some other things that I can't think of what they became. The girls came up with the names. It's pretty fun when they are that small.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    When I was younger, my Dad made a chorizo con huevos quiche. I wouldn't touch it until he told me it was chorizo con huevos pie. Then it was gone.
    He also made gazpacho once. I wasn't having any of that. Cold soup?! Bleh. Then he told me it had shrimp ice cubes in it. Once it became cold shrimp soup, I loved it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lol, kids are so weird.

i've got an example. the way daughter likes it, quiche is basically just scrambled eggs baked in the oven. but she absolutely refuses to eat scrambled eggs.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 03-29-2012 at 08:23 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    lol, kids are so weird.

i've got an example. the way daughter likes it, quiche is basically just scrambled eggs baked in the oven. but she absolutely refuses to eat scrambled eggs.
    My youngest is like that. She either likes the over easy or if they are scrambled, have to be covered with cheddar cheese. Kids!
    Georgette

so i caught a glimpse of myself in a store window today and immediately thought "i look like i might be able to kick someone's ass." not sure why, but i like that. like mother, like daughter i suppose.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    so i caught a glimpse of myself in a store window today and immediately thought "i look like i might be able to kick someone's ass." not sure why, but i like that. like mother, like daughter i suppose.
    Hurray! Good for you. I feel kind of ass kicking myself these days.

we could kick ass together. TAKE BACK THE NIGHT!! no, really, i'm kidding.

the littlest one really wanted to play outside, so i came out and managed to start some yardwork. I watered the emerging plants (tulips, daffodil, grape hyacinth, raspberries, strawberries, grapes) and the compost piles/holes. then i turned one bed in the garden and watered that. Also weeded a bit around the flowers and fruit, then applied mulch and watered again. there is so much to do, i'm wondering if i should just throw down a ton of flower seeds all over the yard and call it good.

the little guy ended up caked in mud and wet. he really didn't need that; he's dealing with a snotty nose and maybe pink eye (i'll take him in on mon depending on how he's looking). now he's fast asleep and i'm sunburnt. i'm thinking that maybe i should keep a case of coconut water on hand all summer. does anyone have cheaper ideas on how to maintain electrolytes (particularly potassium). I do thinks it's pretty essential for me in the summer.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    now he's fast asleep and i'm sunburnt. i'm thinking that maybe i should keep a case of coconut water on hand all summer. does anyone have cheaper ideas on how to maintain electrolytes (particularly potassium). I do thinks it's pretty essential for me in the summer.
    Ouch, sunburn sucks. I have no clue on the electrolytes but would be interested to see what others have to say as I find the taste of coconut water to be pretty yick.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

well i just looked at the nutritional breakdown of coconut water, and the main electrolyte in there is potassium (around 45% of RDA in 11 oz). a little container of coconut water is around $1.70, and avocados (higher in potassium) range in price from .80-$1.30 each, so maybe I should just keep avocados on hand more. they're also more filling and lower in sugar to boot. the other electrolytes in coconut water are at such small amounts that i don't think they would help much. i should also make iced tea every day, and consider sweetening it a little with honey. hopefully that will solve hydration problems. I might also keep some electrolyte packets on hand (they're sweetened with stevia).

Last edited by Saoirse; 03-31-2012 at 04:13 PM.