Page 11 of 250 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 11

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm too lazy to do any of these ____30 cycles that have been so popular around here lately...

Kale -- another veggie I need to learn how to eat! It all sounds yummy (except the cupcakes, but that's because I'm a chocolate-hating mutant.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    my husband is also a chocolate-hating mutant. yeah, i think the 30 day thing was lame.

hubby bought some non-organic kale, and it really sucked. i don't know if it was just a fluke or what, but the non-OG curly leaf kale was bitter (even in the soup) while the organic stuff was sweet and pleasant. just FYI. i didn't like kale for quite a long time, and now i'm sort of addicted- i'm guessing i'm really deficient in K2 (which would explain the kids' caries issues). if i don't eat 2-4c per day now i get kind of cranky.

yesterday i bought myself some organic chocolate truffles (Shhh...don't tell my hubby or kids), so it was kind of a cheaty day. other than those, and the dried cherries, and the two pints of blackberries, it was a pretty decent day food-wise. now i'm back to tracking. i have noticed that my belly flub is getting thinner, and it's around the same thickness as the flab on other parts of my body (sexy huh?) so maybe i becoming more metabolically normal. this is definitely motivation to go back to low-carb eating.

I'll have to keep that in mind on the kale-sampling front. I remember buying it every day to feed to the iguanas at work, and it just seemed like this stiff, fibrous, sort of non-food leaf thing to me at the time. But that was generic grocery store kale.

So your belly flab was more pronounced in the past compared ot other areas, and now more even? Interesting. Hope that happens to me!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

yes, in fact my subcutaneous fat in general is more noticeable to me, which i think means that it's getting less dense? i'm starting to see where my body ends and my flab begins (sounds really weird, doesn't it?)

considering my heavy carb consumption in the past few days, i thought this was relevant:
    Last edited by Saoirse; 02-03-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yes, in fact my subcutaneous fat in general is more noticeable to me, which i think means that it's getting less dense? i'm starting to see where my body ends and my flab begins (sounds really weird, doesn't it?)
    Something similar is happening to me. Instead of being large overall, I'm a chick with a skeleton that's layered with muscle and fat. I especially notice it in bed in the morning, when I can feel hipbones and ribs. It's weird.

yesterday's totals:
    2,070 cal
    90 g carbs
    147g fat
    102 g protein

i had some very unusual mopiness yesterday evening. i don't know if it was diet-related or not (maybe i'm readjusting to low carb).

herbwifemama- that's usually when i notice it too. i have a recently-acquired habit of pinching and comparing various areas of flab.

That Pancreas song/video was nicely disconcerting. Bravo, Al (and you for posting it!)

I met him once. He was wearing a terrible Hawaiian shirt and Chucks made out of the same fabric. He signed an autograph for us: "Your Close Personal Friend, 'Weird' Al Yankovic"

Mopiness, eh? How are you today though?

argghh, lost another post!
    yestderday's totals:
    2,162cal
    107g carbs
    138g fat
    131g protein

yummy big-ass salad: mixed lettuce, grape tomatoes, avocado, bacon, homemade honey dijon dressing.

daughter had a little-ass-salad (mostly the same ingredients, hold the tomato and bacon, add in broccoli). i might have some sardines in a little while as i'm still hungry.

mopiness sucked, and there are lots of possible reasons as to why i was crying off and on all evening; general loneliness, time of year, stress, lack of sleep, diet. who knows. it's mostly gone though, so i'm not too worried.

weird al seems like a decent person. the only famous person i've met was Bruce Campbell, at a book signing.

(20-yo hubby and bruce campbell)
    Last edited by Saoirse; 02-05-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Page 11 of 250 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast