Page 104 of 251 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 104

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    it is a good skill. i'd prefer to have my kids doing their own chores and taking care of themselves as early as possible. i'm thinking of getting them each their own hamper so they can do their own laundry as well.

what do you do with sliced pork belly?i can just fry it in a pan, but that seems kind of plain.

do you think it would be totally off-base for me to say something to my husband like "I'd love it if you did something nice for me for Valentine's Day"? Birthday, V-Day, Christmas..they're all more-or-less the same and even though we've been married for nigh on 9 years, I still get frustrated that he doesn't even try (and yes, I have told him so). At this point, I kind of feel like telling him "hey...please?" would ruin it before it started.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have often heard that you need to be very direct with guys and that they would give you what you wanted if they only knew what that was. Give it a try - I mean, how much worse would it be? You already expect to be getting nothing - right? If he ignores your simple request, then I would give him some of the same. I know it sounds petty, but I have used this technique at communicating with teens and pears as well and they always ask what's up and it gives me a chance to explain. Good luck - I know it must be really tough with him so far away!

This is a pretty long-standing thing, and for the past few years I have said "it's important to me that we celebrate holidays. I'd like to exchange gifts this [Christmas, Valentine's Day]." He doesn't care if i don't get him something, so more of "the same" would be just a continuance of the past. Distance makes it harder, but it seriously takes 15 minutes on a national flower website to have flowers delivered to someone across the country. I even gave him a business card for a local flower shop and put it directly in his wallet before he left. I usually end up buying myself something, which is probably what I will do this year though i have something planned for him as well. Sometimes I just wish he was thoughtful.

bitch and moan...

now there are three in the household on antibiotics. let's see if the toddler will get away without needing them.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I don't have any good advice on this one. It sounds as if you have already expressed your wishes. Why doesn't he want to celebrate these things? Have you told him that it shows a lack of love or caring for you on his part?
    You are holding down the fort so to speak. In reality, you have the tougher job because you have the responsibility for the kids. There certainly should be some appreciation shown on a regular basis in addition to special occasions.

The flu is all around us here too. Literally - all of my friends have their kids on antibiotics with this one. My son and I started coming down with it and I nuked it w/ mega vit C and D. I literally was mixing it in frosting left over from my son's B-day party this weekend (probably where we caught it) as I have no chewable C for him. This AM I made green tea w/ honey and another Vit C cap and have him drinking it each time he coughs. He seems to be much better than this AM

Here's hoping your kiddos are better ASAP and that you can have an easy week or two (ya - I know, dream on), but there's my wish for you - along with a kick to your hubby's keister to wake him up!

thanks ladies. just more semi-random bitching from me. V-day is coming up, ya know.

the kids have strep, which is why we're hitting the antibiotics. I kind of wish the ped could have written a Rx for the youngest for antibiotics as well, just in case, but she didn't. he's the only one not currently taking antibiotics an it makes sense that he's likely to succumb as the rest of us did.

yuck, puking just sucks. it's good you were able to head it off at the pass. it seems like we've been sick nonstop since the kids started childcare, hopefully it ends soon.

canio6 Guest
    Speaking as a dude, and an unromantic one at that, that is straight up lame. Ordering flowers is probably the biggest cop out ever, and if he wont even do that well, yeah, I've got nothing nice to add. Go buy yourself what you want. Not the same but at least you will have it.

Yeah, not quite the same, but flowers are pretty and make me happy, so whatev.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Strep is the suck. I used to get it so easily and it would make me so sick I was delerious. It's the one illness that I rush for antibiotics and always knew I had even when the nurses doing the throat culture thought not. I just realized it's been over 10 yrs since I last got it. Mmmm... wonder why.