Page 103 of 251 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 103

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i suppose i should mention diet. heh. i have been choosing my food wisely, while still allowing a few little indulgences (semi-frequent decaf with cream and a little sugar, dark chocolate more frequently than i should). this morning was pork chops (de-boned and cubed), fried in butter with some vegetables (sliced parsnips and carrots, julienned zucchini, bias-sliced celery). lunch is cooking- spaghetti squash and spinach, both separately swimming in butter. it feels somehow liberating to have a meat-free meal, and i'm sure i will make up for it during dinner. last night we ate out, which is a very rare thing. i had the gluten free burger: 1/2 lb medium rare local beef sandwiched between grilled portabello mushroom caps with feta and red bell peppers and a side of hand cut fries for $11. oh shoot, i'm sure i overdid the carbs with the fries. oh well.

Dear God,
    I'm writing to inform you that i will someday have a housekeeper. i know i once proclaimed such a thing as a silly extravagance, and that i actually enjoyed scrubbing floors and vacuuming. however, i've since given up the enjoyment of such tasks in exchange for thrilling hobbies such as scraping poop off of cloth diapers and and playing the game "how can i dress up ground beef?" i know, pure joy. i can wait a few years, i'll be patient. but i thought you should know.

sincerely,
    your agnostic daughter

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hope your prayer gets answered. If you get 2 send one my way.

the eldest is whining that all the other kids get SEVERAL treats with lunch and he won't have even one!! poor, poor child. so i'm going to bake some GF sugar cookies. wish me luck, it's going to be hard to resist temptation!

i had ice cream for lunch yesterday. breyer's rocky road. sue me. otherwise, i'm eating decently and my midsection looks a bit tighter/slimmer. there are three pots of chicken stock simmering on the stove right now, and one medium pots of chicken soup.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i had ice cream for lunch yesterday. breyer's rocky road. sue me. otherwise, i'm eating decently and my midsection looks a bit tighter/slimmer. there are three pots of chicken stock simmering on the stove right now, and one medium pots of chicken soup.
    Consider yourself sued. Though you have redeemed yourself with the stock/soup. We won't smack you with the primal stick this time...this time

busy busy. well actually not that busy, but it's always tough for me to settle into a new routine. classes are good, but i'm surprised at how much time my algebra professor wastes talking about other stuff. anyway, if you weren't going to beat me with the primal stick for the ice cream, just wait until you hear what i did next. the next morning i said "fuck it" and made an angel food cake for breakfast. then i made some frosting for lunch. i don't remember what dinner was, but it was an actual dinner. the next day i munched on caramels most of the day and finished the night with a big bowl of buttered rice. yesterday i began to eat more reasonably, and now i think it's out of my system. but i have had any exercise in a while, so i think it's safe to say that i've failed. oh well. i was seeing results but i guess that didn't outweigh the fact that i hate routine exercise. *shrug*

I was relating to a friend today that i usually use my journal as a confessional: I ate XYZ forbidden fruit. So, today, I thought I'd post something primal. Dinner is always a struggle for the kids because they do not share my food preferences. There are a limited number of dishes that each kid likes and THEIR tastes do not necessarily overlap either. The solution tonight was to let my 8 year old make his own dinner, as long as he stayed out of my way, cleaned up after himself, and did not cook raw meat. So he found some leftover sausage which he intends to heat up in a skillet, and is making scalloped potatoes and cheese in the oven. Of course I gave him a little direction while i washed dishes, but otherwise he's on his own. The 5 year old decided she would eat the meat i'm eating (cubed pork fried in a pan) with some sweet potato that i chucked into the oven. My dinner will be a little sweet potato, some of the pork, and a vegetable stirfry of sweet bell peppers, carrots, baby bok choy, and onions. They're snacking on bell peppers and baby carrots while they're waiting for the food in the oven. Okay, so it's still more work than everyone eating the meal that I've cooked, but sometimes a little compromise benefits everyone.

I'm really excited for tomorrow. I have a little spare time before classes, and I'm going to spend it in the library on campus. It's nice having public libraries, but the signal-noise ratio is high. I did a quick search through their online database for "therapeutic" (just to get a feeler for the types of books and materials they carry) and the results left me giddy. I can't believe it has taken me two weeks to check out the library, it didn't even occur to me that they would have one.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that is cool to have the kiddo cooking on his own. good skill to have.

sounds like classes are what classes are, and i'm glad that you found a place for some quiet.