Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Page 101 of 250 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2499

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal

Denver Suburbs, CO
    Shop Now
    So now the spammers are talking to you! How'd you manage that?

Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    I'm glad the spammers are starting to show others the love lol. Just kidding.

oh they've been doing it here for a while. maybe we could convert some, lol!

yesterday i sprinted for 10 min. i started on mountain climbers, but after 1 1/2 min of that i ran out of steam so i jogged in place for a little. i started cold, and maybe that was unwise, because i had to sit down for a sec at the 3 minute mark. after my little breather, i restarted the clock and finished the last 7 minutes by alternating amongst jumping jacks, mountain climbers, and jogging in place. who knew 10 minutes could last so long? i finished the night with a relaxing shower, leftover hamburger, and a bunch of cream and berries (a bit too much cream). oh yeah, and a cup of coconut water.

yesterday's macros: 2,409calories 91g carbs 198g fat 81g protein

so far today i've had a tiny bit of leftover hamburger. i need to go shopping today.

lunch was ground beef, zucchini, and onions sauteed in butter. i also ate blackberries, a tiny mandarin, and 9 dark chocolate chips while i was shopping. 30 minutes of stretching and yoga (tree pose and sun salutations), and i'm going to take the kids for a walk in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Hudson Valley
    Actually, I think that the stretched tape measure quote is hysterical.
    It was a pretty neat trick how you got the spammer to talk to you. That one needs to go back to spammer school.

LOL. maybe we should all start hitting on them.

i've been a good girl so far. even though i'm still a little stiff from the mountain climbers, and even though baby boy was super clingy (he fell asleep at 11:30 last night and woke up around 8ish), i still attempted to do my 30 minutes of "lift heavy things". i'm really resisting the urge to say anything self-deprecating here, but anyway, it ended up being maybe 20ish minutes of LHT after around 12 minutes of stretching.

2 sets of 30 weighted bridges (28#)
    2 minutes of dolphin pose (i stopped because baby boy was clinging and my posture was way off)
    2 sets of 10 weighted squats (28#)
    7 somethings*, i'll have to look up the name
    8 nose-to-the ground girly pushups

*these are like the beginning move in a hindu pushup; start in downward dog, and lower your upper body until your the top of your head touches the floor, then back up again.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-03-2012 at 11:47 AM.

and *poof* the spam is gone.

ahhh, the day is almost done. i'm just waiting on the kids to finish up a few things before sending them off to bed. breakfast was sausage, zucchini, and onions. lunch was more sausage, jicama, and red bell peppers. dinner was homemade beef and broccoli. i cheated and ate a few bites of rice. i also had some decaf coffee, just the way i like it, and a few chocolate chips.

1929 cal
    98 g carbs
    116 g fat
    131 g protein

i'll probably end the day with a little dark chocolate ganache and maybe some hot tea after the kids are in bed.

i overshot calories today:
    Totals: 2335 cal 77g carb 204g fat 64g protein

i spent most of the day preparing for class, which begins next week. my muscles were so tired from previous days' workouts that i felt like i was walking on jupiter or something. i'm going to count "dragging a 21lb flailing toddler all over campus" as my 30 min. of MFSP. i was so spent that, by the time we returned home, i passed out while putting my babe down for a nap. then i awoke at 3, saw that my kiddo was home from school, and then passed out again for another hour.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-06-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: because marshas a lower gravitational pull than earth

i haven't been sleeping well, basically having anxiety attacks over child care. i can't afford anything decent and am definitely not putting my children with the "others." a friend is offering to work with me on some stuff, but i don't know how i could compensate her, so i'm thinking about deferring enrollment until the fall. my middle one would be in school, and my little one would be 2 and maybe more able to tolerate my absence. my husband might also be home by then, and if he's working from home it's possible i wouldn't need childcare at all.

primally, i'm doing okay. yesterday was filled with running errands, so i had little time to eat (maybe 400 calories before 5 pm). i made up for it in the evening, though, with some steak, chocolate, and berries&cream. i don't remember what sort of exercise i was supposed to do, so i messed up there.

tally for yesterday:
    1,740 cal
    90g carbs
    131 g fat
    62g protein

maybe today i can do some make-up exercise, and i also need to dose myself with magnesium a few times per day so i can fall asleep at night. my dad gave me a one-hour massage gift certificate for my birthday and i'm redeeming it today, so i also need to drink a lot of water!
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Shop Now
    oops, i need to repost this.

Sun: sprint 10 min (jump rope, quick run, mountain climbers, race with kids in the backyard) MFSP 30 min (dedicated to yoga)
    Mon LHT 30 min (BW: squats, pushups, weighted bridges, leg lifts)
    Tue: MFSP 30 min
    Wed: LHT 30 min (BW)
    Thur: MFSP 30 min (dedicated to yoga)
    Fri: LHT 30 min (BW)
    Sat: MFSP 30 min

so i missed the BW exercises on monday and wednesday, and instead did them on tuesday. i'm a little behind, i'll just have to resume where i should be.