Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Product Recommendation - Weighted Vests/Belts page

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Need Product Recommendation - Weighted Vests/Belts

Hi all,

Does anyone use a weight vest or weighted belt for pull ups and push ups?

Any product recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Z-Fitness makes a very strong tough one and the weights that go in it are in three pound increments. I would imagine that the vest I got from them will last a long time.

Peep23 is offline Junior Member
    I have an X-vest and you can change it in 1 lb increments and the fit is very nice. The downside is the price. A cheaper way might be just loading a backpack with some weight plates.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm going to finally cave in and get one. I believe you can do a lot with just a book-bag and dumbells, but that doesn't work as well for push-ups and other stuff, plus the weight can hang awkwardly.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I have a Harbinger brand dip belt, only had it for about a month but I really love using it for chins
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Steve-O is offline Senior Member
    Thought about the book bag with weights, but I figured it might put too much stress on the neck/shoulders during pull ups and not be stable enough during push ups. I have a bag with a waist strap. Perhaps that might help. Otherwise; I'll check out out these recommendations.

Thanks!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I have one that's made from neoprene, it fits like a glove, I can use it for sprints and sports without it jostling around too much
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    I wear the gold's gym cheap-o one from wal-mart. It works fine. I haven't had any issues with it in almost a year. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. It chafes my arms, though when i get into a really intense workout.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'm not ready for weighted pullups, but I do pushups with 35 lb in my book bag, cinched up high and tight. It works just fine and I see no need to buy more special equipment for that. For pullups and dips I'll have to get a belt and chain setup, eventually.

edit: reasons a weight vest would suck: 1) I have to carry it from home to the gym, making it impossible to from work straight to gym for instance. 2) looks dumb 3) mostly they top out at 40 lb, which I am going to get to in a week or two. I'll need 50+ lb of weights back there within a couple months.
    Last edited by tfarny; 11-23-2010 at 09:58 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hehe, I guess "looks dumb" is a subjective thing, and you can find 70-80-90-100lb vests ... pricey, but a worthy investment I'd say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast