Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thirsty more than usual... page

shadowfang is offline Junior Member

Thirsty more than usual...

I started the primal diet about a week ago, and I've noticed that I need to drink much more water now, is this something that comes along with eating a primal diet?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    idk, but last week while we were transitioning (we finished our loaf of bread), i could not get enough water! this week, i'm doing better so far, but seriously, i was *thirsty* for a while there. i don't know what it was about, because i wasn't high in salt or anything at all. i was just thirsty.

i drank roobois chai (it helps rebalance electrolytes), iced, and green tea (hot), and water water water. and then some more water. i really don't drink anything except tea and water anyway, but i had a lot more tea an dwater than normal.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I was very thirsty at first too.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Yes.

I am very thirsty on this WOE....wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night kind of thirsty. Your body is telling you something. Just go with it.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Hmm... I must be doing something wrong, then, because I don't seem to be needing to drink any more than usual. Can I offer a theory (though please note that I have no medical training this is just a thought) - I believe it could be because we're eating a lot more protein now, which doesn't hold on to water like grains do, therefore it's 'leaching' water from our bodies to aid in its digestion, so we're thirstier.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense: - my dad was snoring so loudly last night he even kept ME awake! I have no idea why but, if he's been drinking he snores louder (and this particularly applies if he's been drinking red wine).
    La tristesse durera toujours...

shadowfang is offline Junior Member
    That could be it, I mean before I went primal I didn't eat much meat at all, and my diet did consist of mostly grains.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    My guess would be that has something to do with the difference in the salt content of what you were eating vs being primal. Personally, I've always needed a lot of liquid and being primal has not lessened it in any way.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    You are probably losing a lot of waterweight, but that is beside the point. You are oversalting your food. To get rid of this thirst, simply use less salt.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I gotta disagree with this, Steak. I use only a pinch of salt when I cook and I make everything from scratch, and I am much thirstier on this WOE. Plus, I have been doing this a long time now. I don't have any "waterweight" to shed anymore.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have days like this still. My scientific formula is this: drink tons of water, don't worry about it, and probably you won't be so thirsty after a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast