Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FlaxSeed oil making me break out? page

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member

FlaxSeed oil making me break out?

Shop Now
    I've been taking FlaxSeed Oil for a couple weeks and have started breaking out... I never get break-outs so it's quite annoying. Do you think it's the oil dosage? Nothing else in my diet has changed, so it seems to be pointing to this...

Opinions?

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Just out of curiousity, where on your face are you breaking out? Is it around your mouth and chin by chance? If it is, the flaxseed oil is probably affecting your hormones. Its used by some women to help deal with menopause.
    Calm the f**k down.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    No clue about the breakouts, but are you taking it for the omega 3 aspect? If so, read up on why fish oil is generally a better source for DHA... And maybe try that, see if you still get the breakouts?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    Just out of curiousity, where on your face are you breaking out? Is it around your mouth and chin by chance? If it is, the flaxseed oil is probably affecting your hormones. Its used by some women to help deal with menopause.
    Yes! On my chin.. yuck! lol! 3 ugly ones! Should I continue taking it? Will it "even out" eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    No clue about the breakouts, but are you taking it for the omega 3 aspect? If so, read up on why fish oil is generally a better source for DHA... And maybe try that, see if you still get the breakouts?
    I'm allergic... so no go.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Oh that's right, you (or somebody?) mentioned a fish oil allergy before. Ugh. I have nothing helpful for you, then. Condolences!

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    Same thing happens to me with both flax and fish oils. I have bad acne anyway, but they flare me up something awful! I'd say try hemp or chia oil instead if you really feel the need to supplement.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    http://www.marysherbs.com/heal/heal-f-r.shtml
    If you scroll down, you can see that around the mouth is dominated by the ovaries/uterus/fallopian tubes. Sooo..where we break out on our face can tell you what part of your body is affected.
    I take most of the information on there with a grain of salt, though I find it fascinating.
    I'm not sure if it will even out, it does seem to be affecting your hormones. It may take awhile though.
    Calm the f**k down.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Maybe flaxseed oil affecting hormones as it is oestrogenic.

This post someone breaking out in acne from flaxseed oil:
    http://www.acne.org/flaxseed-oil-reviews/230/page2.html

Thanks everyone... ok, i'm going to stop with the Flaxseed oil then. Ugh! $20 bottle of extra virgin flaxseed oil wasted... :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast