Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a yoga question I think page 2

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    this image is close, except she is using a wall instead of the table.

Here's a better pic.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    I think you should warm up with some wall slides: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgkBFqwP2As
    That's a great exercise, but I'm not sure Suse will be able to do wall slides yet. Might have to start with something easier and work up to those. Give it a shot and see though!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yes, al's pic is much better.

i might also separate the feet about hip distance apart (it's not wide, it's actually just the distance of your two fists together!), and use some bent knees, and go easy on the shoulders. just focus on the back being flat by rotating the hips so that the tailbone is moving toward the ceiling (as much as humanly possible). that's more of a "feeling" description than anatomical one, btw.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Great pic Al, very arty! I will definitely give all of this a go.

I need to check out the vid on wall slides when I get home, cant do it from work. I was doing a kind of wall climb thing with my arm at the beginning and decided to give that a go today in the shower so we'll see. I am determined to get this fixed now... I was coming along nicely but being lazy and really noticed things starting to ache and stiffen up because I got so lazy. I've just had a chiropractic adjustment today and that makes me feel much better too.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    i tried that stretch Zoebird/Al but it gave me pain, I dont think I can quite extend my shoulder that fully yet. I just cant decide if having a bit of pain is ok or not. You know how you get a certain type of nice pain when someone gives you a really deep tissue massage, thats good to me... the stretch was not so good.

I have yet to look up all the other suggestions and watch that vid though, tonight maybe when I get home. I'll get there.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you need more support.

which means use the table. that is. put your forehead on the end of the table, and then put your arms on the table too. another option, is to put a book or cushion on the table, put your head on the cushion, and then your arms overhead.

bend the knees and work toward a flat back. it does work, even with all of these props.

also, the cat stretches do a lot too, without shoulders overhead.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just cant decide if having a bit of pain is ok or not.
    Pain is never a good thing. A LITTLE discomfort is fine, but if it is a sharp acute stab then its waaaaay to much. Breathe deep and feel it release, back off a little, Breathe into it again, release. I would also repeat the stretch a few times a day to really see flexibility improvements. ice,heat can help too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12