Thread: Is there any info on Mark's wife? page

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Is there any info on Mark's wife?

Primal Fuel
    I have come across a person that is pescatarian and I wanted to show her how eating primal can benefit her. So I was wondering if maybe MArk had blogged specifically about his wife and if someone could direct me to the page. Thanks!

batty is offline Senior Member

batty is offline Senior Member
    anytime, sistah.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    My name is Jeanne I am roadrunner's wife. I have been doing primal for about 2 months now. I have lost 60 lbs but now I'm on a platau I need to get back to losing weight because I have very much to lose. I am concerned that I have brought in too much fruit. I know primal is working for me because I had Blood work done and everything is with in normal range even my glucose is great. My primary care doctor is really impressed and loves the primal eating idea. I exercise everyday I have to be very careful because I am under doctors care for back issues so I do water exercises every other day. On the other days I do walking, cycling, and weights at a rather low weight. I was doing 95 lbs chest presses before my back issues so I hate my weight days because the weight is so light.Anyone have any ideas on how I can rev up my weight loss again? I weigh 312 and am looking at ending at 130-140. I do have diabeties so you know. I am active to some degress everyday with the exception of Sunday that is family day.
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Are you doing any interval type training? That really helps me.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    979 roadrunner-
    I can only share my experience. Over the past few years, I've gone from 340 to my current 162 (where I'm maintaining for a while) I am both post-menopausal (69) and hypothyroid, so weight loss is not easy for me. I can honestly tell you that I exercise regularly for health and fitness, but it contributed very little to my weight loss. I have to restrict calories. Unless you are operating at a caloric deficit, exercise will not help you lose. It will help you be fit and healthy, but not necessarily lose weight.

Most experts agree that weight loss is at least 90% what we eat, and that was my experience. They also warn that exercise stimulates the appetite so that those heavily invested in working out often aren't aware of how much they are actually eating.

In my own experience, two times I had surgery that prevented me from working out for a month each time. During those months of relative idleness while I was recuperating, I lost just as much weight as I did when I was regularly exercising because I stayed with my eating plan.

I wish you well because I feel that I have a new life with this weight loss!