Thread: Any good dessert primal recipes? page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Cool Any good dessert primal recipes?

Primal Fuel
    Going to a bbq tomorrow night and my friend wants me to bring dessert. Any ideas or recipes floating around anyone would like to share?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I have a bunch on my blog (http://www.thewildernesschilde.com) if you want to browse them. Maybe you'll find something you like.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Cool, thanks Diana, will do.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    There are quite a few on MDA, Eat Primal, and a lot of blogs run by members here. There are also a lot of gluten-free recipes on Elana's Pantry but you'll have swap out some of her ingredients with more primal-acceptable fats and sweeteners.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    There are several here:
    http://cavemengourmet.com/category/desserts/
    The chia pudding was one of the worst things I've ever made, though, so my first attempt at anything on that site was a disaster, LOL! However, undaunted, I'm planning on making the lemon tart this week.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Went ahead and made the lemon tart today from that cavemengourmet site.

DELICIOUS. Dangerously so. Will definitely be a "once in a while" treat for me, much like the baked chocolate custard.

The lemon curd filling is very tart (ha!), and my husband (who isn't primal but has been eating less sugar lately just because I don't prepare meals that include sweet things any more) thought the crust needed more sweetener, but I felt like it was almost too sweet. The combo of the sourness of the filling and the sweetness of the crust seemed about right to me.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food