Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee ? page

jedward2 is offline Senior Member

Coffee ?

Primal Fuel
    Today I had a workshop at a hotel and I drank 3 cups of the smoothest coffee with no bitter taste at all. How do I find this smooth of a coffee at the store? Brands?

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Just try very light roast coffees. Go to Starbucks or some other coffee shop and ask the baristas for advice on which blends they have that are mild. Many baristas are serious coffee junkies and they know their stuff!

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Smooth doesn't necessarily mean mild or weak. I'm a coffee snob and roast some pretty stout beans that have a smooth finish.

Starbucks is the last place I'd seek info. Find a local coffee house that roasts their own beans.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    especially if what you had was at a hotel, Chances are it was something like a french roast which has a deep flavor but for some the bitterness is less in darker roasts. Personally I find lighter roasts to be bitter and tannic, upsets my stomach. Many good coffee shops will allow you to do a taste test of at least a few different brews. also messing around with how much grounds you use and brewing process can affect a lot in flavor.
    For me a Mr coffee with 4 heaping tablespoons of Peets french roast is damn near perfect.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Go to a coffee shop that will let you do a French press tasting.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Me + My French Press = <3<3<3

Even inexpensive coffee tastes wonderful in a French Press. Nothing Between...U and The Bean

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Starbucks is the last place I'd seek info. Find a local coffee house that roasts their own beans.
    this!

We buy our beans from a local roaster and their coffee is so smooth and amazing. Plus, they really know their beans and can help find the best one for your palate. Good coffee is worth the extra $. I never thought I'd drink, much less enjoy, coffee without cream and sugar. Now, I won't drink coffee with sugar (sometimes a little cream is ok). Turns out, I actually like the flavor of coffee...just not the el cheapo stuff that's bitter and nasty w/o being doctored up.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

ScurvyDog is offline Member
    Try grinding your beans just before you brew!

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Smooth doesn't necessarily mean mild or weak. I'm a coffee snob and roast some pretty stout beans that have a smooth finish.

Depends on which starbucks... I know a few starbucks baristas who are certified coffee snobs and quite knowledgable. Of course the starbucks around where I live....not so much. lol

A local coffee shop usually has a more knowledgable staff though.

And a HUGE +1 on the french press!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast