(Wait. That came out wrong...)

I went primal 5 weeks ago (after 17+ years vegan). My weight dropped at first--just a couple of pounds (I was already where I wanted to be, weight-wise), then came back up to where I started.

For the last week or so, my weight has been slowly creeping up. (I got used to weighing myself every morning for the last few years of being vegan--it was the only way to catch unwanted weight-gains early.)

I'm NOT cheating with "bad" carbs, and it seems unlikely I'm adding muscle--not working out to any extent at all--just walking the 30 minutes to work this week a couple of times...

My go-to snack of choice are the almonds, walnuts, and pepitas I keep in the fridge. I might have a couple of handfuls 2 or 3 times a day.... Being new at this, I've forgotten whether we need to moderate our nuts/avocado intake (for example) to NOT gain weight.

Can anyone clarify this for me? Any guesses what the weight increase might be about? It's only a couple of pounds at this point (!), but, again, as a vegan, I had to nip those half-pound, one-pound gains in the bud quickly--or it became 3 or 4 pounds before I knew it!