Thread: Very short concise description of PB eating? page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

Very short concise description of PB eating?

I'd like to have a link handy that gives a very short, concise description of PB eating (not the fitness stuff necessarily) that I could send people who ask. I love the primal 101 posts by Mark but I'm looking for something less wordy, like "we eat X, we don't eat Y, some people enjoy Z in moderation". Anyone have a link?
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Everyone is different here, but genereally,

We eat lots of fat (from butter, meats, eggs, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, lard, tallow, you named it). We eat all kinds of meat (pastured/organic preferably, or least antibiotics, hormones free). We eat fruits. We eat vegetables. We don't eat grains, sugar, processed food, etc. We don't use vegetable oils such as corn, canola oil. We enjoy nuts, dark chocolate, etc, in moderation. Some enjoy dairy in moderation as well.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If it's meat or can be eaten raw, we eat it. We don't eat grains, legumes, sugar or processed foods or oils. Some eschew dairy, some have dark chocolate.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Here's basically what I say when someone asks "so what have you been eating?":

"I eat mostly meat, fish, eggs, fruit, vegetables & nuts. I don't eat any grains, sugar, processed food or vegetable oils. I don't drink milk, but do have some butter, cream, and hard cheeses. I do have a drink here and there, and try to keep that carb free most of the time."

I don't get into hormone free, omega 6, or anything else at this point. I figure just get the meat and potatoes (heh) of the diet out in 2-3 sentences. When people ask this I think they're looking for an answer that only takes one or two breaths to get out. If they ask me any other questions I can get into more of it then.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Here's The Whole9 Nutrition Elevator Pitch but it's still pretty wordy and feels like it's being read from a pamphlet to me.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Animals and all their edible products, all vegetables, all fruits. All close to their natural stages, but I do cook without thinking twice about it. No grains, no legumes, no processed foods, no refined carbs.

I don't eat nuts and seeds because I'm not a squirrel. (I love messing with you guys)

I feel that line encompasses eggs, bacon, milk, butter, etc. I feel that if they're interested then further info can be added. I can go into coconut oil, not eating certain vegs, etc.

Truth is though, everybody has a slightly different version of what's primal/paleo and what's not. Obviously my stating "all vegetables/fruits" isn't entirely true, but it is for the most part. I went back and edited my version about three times. Most newcomers will simply be scared off if you tell them you don't eat bananas or something like that. 30 a day, son.