Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Gymless page

Never Gymless

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone done Ross Enamait's program from his book, Never Gymless? I'm thinking about starting up the 50 day program he has at the back of the book, and was wondering about others' experiences? Did you see lots of improvement? I'm getting really interested in more body-weight oriented exercise, so I'm hoping I can keep to this program and see how it works out.

greek_girl is offline Member
    Haven't got a clue what's the answer to your question but I just googled it and althought I am against what I am doing now (couldn't resist because I love this forum) this is where I found it for free:http://www.mediafire.com/?zzoditzzn5a

Kyle C. is offline Member
    I own it, and all of Ross's books are very much worth the investment. He offers a sample program, but he also does a good job of teaching you why you do things, and how to create your own program. The sample program isn't the reason to buy the book. You should buy it because after reading it, you may not even need the sample program. You can easily tailor your program to fit your needs from here on out.

Keep in mind you need some equipment, especially a pull-up bar.

P.S. Ross's books are the ultimate fitness philosophy, IMO. A lot of people are into Crossfit, and it's very similar, but I think Ross does what they do better and shores up some of the traditional weaknesses of CF. I think if you do a program like CF and just follow their workouts of the day, you're missing a lot. All the really fit CF'ers incorporate things like maximal strength, which the WODs are lacking in. Ross does this very well, and he avoids another thing I don't like about these similar programs: variation overkill. You'll do a movement one day, then you won't see it again for maybe weeks. That's no way to get better. Ross teaches you how to use variance to keep it fresh, but concentrate on something enough to actually get stronger at it.

This is not to discredit CF, cause I like it. I just think Ross Enamait is a more complete trainer, and anyone who's seen his highlight videos knows how effective his stuff can be.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I have it... like it a lot. Use his stuff all the time when i workout at home...

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    How much equipment do you need to do his programs?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I have a pullup bar, weight vest, sandbag and resistance bands.

It's not really about "his" program... he teaches you everything you need to know how to build your own based on your personal goals.
    Last edited by arthurb999; 11-19-2010 at 07:15 AM.

His site seems pretty cool. Was one of the first references I ever saw regarding primal/paleo nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Setabas View Post
    How much equipment do you need to do his programs?
    I'd say a pull-up bar at the minimum. But he shows some techniques that involve a little equipment, like an ab wheel ($7) or cinder blocks for different types of pushups. There are band exercises, but they aren't essential. Just get a pull-up bar and maybe an ab wheel. Those are both worth the small investment.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have pull up bars, but would have to get an ab wheel, and the book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast