Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any decent UK orientated cookbooks ? page

mug2k is offline Member

Any decent UK orientated cookbooks ?

Primal Fuel
    I'm tempted to get the primal cookbook but I fear the recipes will be too advanced for me as I am a really bad cook. The best I can manage these days is a chicken stirfry and that's where my imagination ends. I'll probably buy the primal one at some point but right now I'm looking for a primal-esqe low carb cook book for beginners which is aimed at the UK market.

If there is such a thing please post the links below.

Thanks,
    Marcus

betty74 is offline Senior Member

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Don't be afraid of the primal blueprint cookbook. I think it's perfect for novice cooks...Lord knows I am one! None of the recipes in the book are intimidating or too complicated.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

mug2k is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    Don't be afraid of the primal blueprint cookbook. I think it's perfect for novice cooks...Lord knows I am one! None of the recipes in the book are intimidating or too complicated.
    What about the ingredients ?, are some of them harder to source as the book seems to be aimed at the US market.

Simon is offline Senior Member
    "What about the ingredients ?, are some of them harder to source as the book seems to be aimed at the US market."

?? pretty much all of the ingredients you can get here. Some of them need translating i.e. cilantro = coriander etc. The MDA free book is pretty good as are the recipes in Robb Wolf's book. ATEOTD it's nearly all meat and veggies

Dender is offline Junior Member
    Hi Marcus,

As a UKer I get what you mean about US cookbooks. Most of the ingredients will be the same albeit with slightly different translations, but the more difficult bit comes from translating the measurement, e.g. sticks of butter or cups. If you aren't a confident cook, this can be awkward.

I'd recommend this, it isn't palaeo, but is very close and many of the recipes are really quick and simple, and are also really tasty.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-High-Pro..._bxgy_b_text_b

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member
    you might also want to have a look at this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neris-Indias...89151&sr=8-1#_

Again it's not specifically paleo but it is low carb and would need very little tweaking.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Also many of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's books are pretty paleo - just ignore the beans / flour etc. I've started eating potatoes again occasionally and they make many recipes easier!

(I've found that potatoes once or twice a week help tremendously with the digestion issues I've had in the year since I started eating "primal / paleo")

mug2k is offline Member
    Thanks for the replies. I've initially purchased The New High Protein Diet Cookbook which was Dender's suggestion and will be purchasing the rest in due course.

Cheers

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    You can buy "cups" over here now. I bought a set in Home Bargains!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast