Thread: What can I change to increase my fat intake? page

The Petrucci is offline Junior Member

What can I change to increase my fat intake?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Primal People,

I started eating mostly primal this week, and while it's been going well, I've been feeling a bit more tired and a lot more hungry. I'm guessing I should increase the amount of fat I'm eating, but I'm not sure where. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast - 3 strips of bacon, 3 eggs, 1 apple

Lunch - Two bacon cheeseburgers on 1 bun with lots of lettuce and tomato (not ideal of course, but it's the most primal thing I can easily get at my college).

Dinner - Bigass salad with chicken thighs, cucumber, red bell pepper, and ranch dressing (also not ideal, making my own dressing will be my next project).

Snacks - Mixed nuts (no peanuts)

If it matters, I'm 18 years old, 6'7" and about 190 lbs. I'm not particularly active any more (I ran cross country in high school), but I walk everywhere I go. I've never had an issue with weight or sugar/carb addiction, I just want to stay healthy and feel good.

So anyway, if anyone has some tips about what I can change in my diet that would be great. Thanks!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    You could start with a bigger breakfast. Maybe go 5 strips of bacon and 4 eggs. Maybe you already do it, but i find that scambled eggs act like a grease sponge, so just cook them in lots of butter, cocnut oil, or bacon grease. How would you feel about skipping lunch. I ussually eat just twice day, and it works pretty good for me. If not, just ditch the bun. You could put the burgers on top of a salad. How do you feel about coconut milk? You could use to blend up some berries and drink it with breakfast. Cook everything with LOTS of fat. And finnaly, holy crap your 6'7" and way 190. EAT MORE.

The Petrucci is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the ideas, I could certainly do more for breakfast. I've been frying the eggs in the bacon grease so far, but they don't soak it up so well that way, so I'll try scrambling. Would adding coconut oil/butter help or is the bacon grease probably enough?

I'm not too keen on skipping lunch but I'll see how I feel with a bigger breakfast. I do have a meal plan at my college for 7 meals a week, so I'll have to eat there for a while. They're adding a salad bar soon though, so that'll give me more options.

I've never particularly liked coconut but it's been a long time since I've had any, so my tastes might have changed. I was thinking about getting some greek yogurt and berries for smoothies, I'll give the coconut milk a shot too.

And I know, I've always been really skinny. At my lightest during cross country I was about 170. I've never had a huge appetite, I just eat when I feel like it.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Also, remember primal doesn't have to mean very low carb. At your height and weight I wouldn't worry too much. You could try addind a sweet potato with dinner and loading it up with butter.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    Supplementing whatever you eat with a shelf fat is what I do. It's an easy and cheap way to up fat/calories. Butter, coconut oil, beef tallow, whatever. Just throw a nice glob in with whatever you are eating.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Add half an avocado (or, hell, even a whole one) to that bigass salad. Also, try to get as much coconut oil/milk in you as you can. It's so good for you in so many ways, I can't even list them all.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Drink a T of coconut oil. It really doesn't taste bad. If you have some really good butter, you can just slice off a chunk and eat that.