Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For all those Body Fat Percentage Questions page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

For all those Body Fat Percentage Questions

Shop Now
    This shows photos of people at various body fat percentages and explains a bit about what affects people's bodies to create the same appearances at different body fat levels. This was definitely an eyeopener for me.
    Link
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

animalcule is offline Senior Member

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome. Thanks for posting that.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    The last picture of women at 15% body fat... how can the girl on the left be 15% ?? Based on the article it looks like she'd be in the 8-12 range. Oh well.

Women look yummiest to me at 18-20% hmmmm

I must be at around 14-18% that's cool, thought it was higher but I can see my abs not with great definition but it's there, my upper body is more "cut" if I flex it pops nicely.

DanC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    That's awesome. Thanks for posting that.
    +1 Very good article

The images put me somewhere between 18-20%. If I actually ever hit 18% and look like a pasty version of that model (except, y'know with My body and such), I'll be ecstatic.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lev96 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The images put me somewhere between 18-20%. If I actually ever hit 18% and look like a pasty version of that model (except, y'know with My body and such), I'll be ecstatic.
    Ditto. I look better than "Gary" at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body_fat_categories.htm, but my Tanita bodyfat scale still puts me at 22-23% bf. So does that mean the images are bs, there is a major difference because he was "17" at the time the pic was taken (I'm 43), or my Tanita is inaccurate?

of course... it could be my eyes and judgment need adjustment when looking at myself in the mirror

Quote Originally Posted by lev96 View Post
    Ditto. I look better than "Gary" at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body_fat_categories.htm, but my Tanita bodyfat scale still puts me at 22-23% bf. So does that mean the images are bs, there is a major difference because he was "17" at the time the pic was taken (I'm 43), or my Tanita is inaccurate?

of course... it could be my eyes and judgment need adjustment when looking at myself in the mirror
    I'm going to go with the scale being off (water content, etc can throw those off very easily), age (it's much easier for a 17 yo to get abs without extra skin), and personal judgment looking in the mirror (god knows I'm guilty of that one.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    I've never seen evidence that any scale can estimate BF% within 5%. I always blame the scale.

lev96 is offline Member
    naiad and animal-
    I'm glad both of you think its the scale (mostly). However, I am still glad its there. Even if it is inaccurate, I still get to gloat over that it used to read 33% when I started PB and now its down to 22-23%. Still I could just rejoice in the fact that I had to buy all new clothes, because everything was baggy as hell, and forget reading that unimportant number...

...nah... I guess I like to rejoice in both!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast