Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grassfed beaf, finally. page

jimpag is offline Senior Member

Grassfed beaf, finally.

So today I went to the local supermarket. Went to the meat section and looked for my standard grain fed ground beef, and then I saw something, locally grassfed ground meat, and at the same price as my standard meat, was sooo happy

Im really excited about the development of our local supermarket (Live in a very small town in Sweden with just 20K people in it). Now I can get grassfed beef, wild caught salmon and shrimps. Free range eggs. Organic broccoli, organic asparagus, organic spinach, organic, garlic. Organic blueberries and organic blackberries. Coconutmilk with nothing but coconut and water.

Thats basically all I eat, only things missing now is organic parsley and coconutoil, other then that I now have very high quality locally grassfed/wild caught/free range/organic for all the food I eat on a regular bases.

Just wanted to share my happiness

free3337 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpag View Post
    locally grassfed ground meat, and at the same price as my standard meat, was sooo happy
    brb moving to sweden.

seriously the same price? maybe your 'standard' beef has also always been grass fed? or is the grass-fed subsidized by government or something?

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    Im pretty sure the "normal" one is grain fed, because they marked the grass fed one really obviously and made a big point it was grass fed

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    wow that's amazing that it's not more expensive, good for you enjoy it!

Andreas083 is offline Junior Member
    At ICA? I know they have a new sort of grass-fed meat which it not organic. Very nice meat though, and not having to get licensed for organic food makes it a lot cheaper.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by free3337 View Post
    brb moving to sweden.

seriously the same price? maybe your 'standard' beef has also always been grass fed? or is the grass-fed subsidized by government or something?
    I hear Australia and New Zealand are great places for grass-fed as it's actually more expensive for them to feed their cattle and sheep grain.

shadowfang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    I hear Australia and New Zealand are great places for grass-fed as it's actually more expensive for them to feed their cattle and sheep grain.
    Oh trust me, if it weren't for their strict censorship laws and high contents of poisonous snakes and bugs, I'd do whatever it took to move there haha

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    Hey shadowfang don't get us confused with Australia, they are the ones that have dangerous snakes and bugs. We only have the Katipo (similar red back) and Whitetail spider (not dangerous but painful if you get bitten) and I've never ever seen a Katipo after 23 years of living here and they were both 'imported' from Australia. Saying that I don't think Aussies worry too much about the wildlife, they just get used to it like everything else. I just worry about earthquakes, bad drivers and not getting too complacent with our very very powerful sun. Oh, and in NZ 98% of beef are grass fed and yes it does cost more to grain feed them. Same with sheep. Small population lots of space.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    And VERY strict laws concerning GMOs, or at least back in 2003 when I was there. Is that still the case? Come to think of it, *I* should move there!

Lizzie125 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I buy australian grass fed beef here in Tennessee and it is often more affordable than US produced grassfed beef. Not exactly locavore, but this diet is such that I have to find my breaks somewhere. It is really tasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast