Thread: Primal Cat Food page

Primal Cat Food

Primal Fuel
    I remember reading a suggested brand of cat food on here somewhere, but I can't find the thread now. Can anyone make a suggestion?

I'm feeling guilty that I'm feeding myself so well these days while my fur children are still getting Iams chicken and rice dry food.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    My kitties get Wellness CORE, which is grain free, high protein, and made from premium ingredients. They couldn't care less, and are still fat =^.^=

Before Grain is also a good brand, but it lost the initial taste test in my house.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting my kitties on a raw diet when we come back from holiday. Since we got them I've been feeding them Whiskas, Oh so meaty. It's the only grain free food I've been abl;e to find in the supermarket. i did call them and ask if it was grain free.

gator70 is offline Member
    We use Wellness brand food from cans. The dry stuff was completely ignored by the cat. He loves the canned stuff which is all meat and no grains. It's a bit pricey though.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gator70 View Post
    We use Wellness brand food from cans. The dry stuff was completely ignored by the cat. He loves the canned stuff which is all meat and no grains. It's a bit pricey though.
    pricey, yes - but in the long run, its more cost effective. because of the better ingredients and lack of fillers, you'll notice the cats are satisfied on less. and you'll also be happier around litterbox cleaning time. win all around.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a cat owner and no knowledge of the beasts but couldn't you just give them plain canned tuna? the kind you'd eat yourself? My dad always said it was cat food when I ate it... I know he was messing with me but I'm serious...

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I'm not a cat owner and no knowledge of the beasts but couldn't you just give them plain canned tuna? the kind you'd eat yourself? My dad always said it was cat food when I ate it... I know he was messing with me but I'm serious...
    once in a while, yes. however, canned tuna lacks a heck of a lot of essential nutrients that cats need.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/ask-th...nned-tuna.html

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    my cats (and dogs) eat chicken necks, emu/chicken hearts, some beef organ meat. Whole sardines (Fresh or frozen, not canned unless they're in water.)
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My grandma's cats in Peru eat all the meat left-overs she has. I'm not sure it's proper nutrition for 6 cats (big and small) but they looked healthy. It was really cool to watch them hiss at each other over the different pickings though. There was definitely some alphas there and the little ones ate last (unless she separates them)

In general though, the culture of feeding your dog/cats special store-bought diets is IMO a very First World thing and probably just a result of heavy advertising coupled with having the extra bucks to buy special food for your pets. I personally hate to see my girl's dog eat dry food, but he seems like a happy chap, but then again he can't really tell us anything.