Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Appetite Issue page

jammies is offline Senior Member

An Appetite Issue

Hello all;

I've been primal for about 3 months - actually more on the paleo end as I avoid all neolithic foods. Things have been going really great.

However, the last ten days or so, I have been having this issue where food just doesn't seem appealing to me. But the really weird part, is that I am sometimes absolutely starving, but I can't come up with anything I want to eat. I thought maybe I was just getting tired of some of my staples, but this weekend I made marinated slow roasted short ribs with sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash and couldn't care less if I eat them or not. Tonight I was served a grassfed burger on organic greens with ginger roasted root vegetables. Nothing. I had to make myself finish. I can usually eat an apple and some nuts.

This is not going to be good for me. I feel best on a meat and vegetable diet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure I understand. Are you not eating because you can't stand to eat more meat and veg?

Try new recipes - completely new...search the recipes section (or the hot delicious food pron thread) for ideas

mix up your meals and have bacon and eggs for dinner and a curry for breakfast?

Sorry - it is kind of hard to explain! Imagine you are super hungry, but someone serves you a plate of food you don't like. Even though you are hungry, you don't feel like eating it. For the last ten days, when I am hungry, nothing I make seems appealing. Even foods I normally love. Right now, I am hungry. In my house there are apples, almond butter, short ribs, sweet potatoes, dark chocolate, creme fraiche, berries. I am going to bed hungry because non of that food seems like something I want to eat.

Hmmmm.....sounds a little crazy when I read it back I swear I don't have any food issues! I have been happy with PB and don't want to make any changes. Maybe I have some weird stomach bug? I have had a bit of unusual bowel issues this week.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    I think I get what you mean...maybe you should concentrate on fatty food to deal with the hunger first.

I hope its not a health issue, but usually you aren't hungry when you don't have an appetite because of bowel issues? (hmmm..I actually think I am making that up)

I still say mix it up and try something new. hope it sorts itself out!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    The only thing I can think of is to cook a rare or medium rare steak and take a bite of that and see what happens. Since becoming primal I crave my steak pink in the middle which is something I never used to do. I could eat it for every meal. Further, I am slowly getting sick of all meat which is overcooked, such as mince (i.e ground beef or hamburger).

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try making a completely new soup with some seafood in it to see if that helps. I am also going to try cooking up a medium rare steak. I hope those things work

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try making a completely new soup with some seafood in it to see if that helps. I am also going to try cooking up a medium rare steak. I hope those things work
    Your steak should probably be grass fed. I am starting to find grain fed steak tastes horrible.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to try some new recipes. Try making food you've never had before: Like different curries, soups, primal lasagne etc. Stay away from the food you usually eat. You can make brand new dishes with your meat and veggies by cooking them in different ways and adding different spices and liquids to them.

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Try drinking a couple Ts of coconut oil to get the calories and fat up; maybe once you get some fat in your system, you'll find yourself able to eat something else.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Part of me wants to sympathize and I do honestly wish you find the answer to your problems. The other part of me (the third world part) wants to smack you for having the best quality of food available and refusing to eat them like a child.

I know that’s not exactly what you’re doing, but it can read like that. Meaning, I know you want to eat it and you know it’s good for you but for some strange reason you’re not. Hope you figure it out.

You say you lean more towards the Paleo side and refuse most Neolithic foods, are you also not doing dairy? Throw some butter on your meats and eat up boy, dems is good eatin’s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast