Thread: Any Old Saturated Fat Consumers/Athletes Out There page

shoreline is offline Member

Any Old Saturated Fat Consumers/Athletes Out There

Primal Fuel
    I was wondering if there were any studies of old people (not from some tribe) who have ate a diet high in saturated fats who have lived a long disease free life. I've been doing some reading about North Americans like Jack Lalanne who have lived a long life and eat meat, but only lean cuts he is very anti fat red meat and definitely no heavy cream

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Diet is only part of the reason for longevity.....Check out Blue Zones where people live past 100. In France for example it's not uncommon to see people pass 100 while eating a fairly high saturated fat diet, but like I said there's more to it than diet.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

iniQuity is online now Senior Member
    Yep longevity is a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned. I'm not hoping eating a primal way will make me live longer, but I know from how I already feel that even if my years aren't long, they'll be healthier and happier. I'd rather kick the bucket at 80 supersettin' pull ups than live till 98 but not do a damn thing with myself for the last 30 years of my life.

Then again, you could be very active and eat a very shitty diet. Honestly, I just can't think about diet in such long terms anymore, it makes me feel good now, if it ever doesn't I'll stop and re-assess. Sorry to not really answer your question.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Yep longevity is a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned. I'm not hoping eating a primal way will make me live longer, but I know from how I already feel that even if my years aren't long, they'll be healthier and happier. I'd rather kick the bucket at 80 supersettin' pull ups than live till 98 but not do a damn thing with myself for the last 30 years of my life.

Then again, you could be very active and eat a very shitty diet. Honestly, I just can't think about diet in such long terms anymore, it makes me feel good now, if it ever doesn't I'll stop and re-assess. Sorry to not really answer your question.
    Amen

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    OP, you could read Primal Body - Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas. She addreses your question in some depth. You could also read Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. Enjoy!

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Vince Gironda