Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: interesting about Paleolithic woman page 2

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    heh heh heh....
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Very interesting initial post. There is a lot of variation between individuals, but I will say that, with exceptions on both sides of course, women tend to be smaller, slower and weaker than men, which does suggest some division of labor. Still, in a small group of 20 or 30 hunter/gatherers, it would only make sense that almost everything they did would by necessity be shared, with both sexes contributing.

I just bought Guns, Germs and Steel, mainly because of having gone "primal."

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Cree View Post

I just bought Guns, Germs and Steel, mainly because of having gone "primal."
    my husband has been trying to get me to read that for years, but i didn't know it had anything to do with being primal. what's the connection?

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    If you have Netflix, you can watch the documentary based on the book on streaming video

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    my husband has been trying to get me to read that for years, but i didn't know it had anything to do with being primal. what's the connection?
    I didn't really get started reading it, so my answer might not be completely accurate, but my understanding is the book's story goes back to the beginnings of mankind and talks about how we got to where we are today from our origins, and why civilizations occurred in some parts of the world, among some peoples, but not others.

These kinds of things were not on my mind very much in the past, but seem of more interest now that I'm on a diet that seeks to reproduce in some fashion what we may have eaten in the earliest of days. I've seen the book mentioned a few times on this forum and it caught my eye. Anything like it seems to be of interest to this community and I too think it's all fascinating.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Very interesting! This kind of casts doubt on the notion that women's rights have progressed linearly over time, having been nil in a time when we must have all been 'savages' as conventionally thought.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    thanks sam, maybe i'll have dh dig it up.
    junebug, i DO have netflix, i'll have to add it to my queue to be viewed after i've tired of battlestar galactica.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12