Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sack Lunches page

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

Sack Lunches

Primal Fuel
    I may be starting a new job soon that is not in the office. I won't have access to a microwave or refrigerator. I know I could bring a small cooler, but there might be times I can't. What would be a primal sack lunch? I was thinking hard boiled eggs and some veggies. Any other suggestions that won't spoil?

lcme is offline Senior Member
    I don't have access to a fridge either, but I still take meat and other delicious things that could spoil. From my fridge to my belly, my lunches are un-cooled for about 5 hours, sometimes up to 8 if I have a long experiment.

How long are your foods going to be un-refrigerated?

Probably up to 8 hours.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You're in winter, outdoors. Most foods should be fine if they don't need to be reheated. Throw an avocado in the bag and a small container of pico de gallo (shouldn't go bad) and mash those together with your HBEs (assuming you can throw a fork into your sack and have a pocketknife on hand), creating egg salad. I rarely remembered to chuck my salad into the fridge and it didn't go bad at office temps, so you should be good leaving it in the car/ truck/ wherever in the winter.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Big carrots are great to munch on. You could also invest in a thermos for soup or tea. Here at my cube I have lots of nuts and Raw food bars. Apple, Banana, cottage cheese... A can of tuna is compact and has tons of protein though you'll also want a can opener.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    I know that I'm not answering your question, but why not just skip lunch? If you eat enough fat for breakfast you shouldn't be hungry at all.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Probably up to 8 hours.
    I know that someone is going to jump on me for this, but I wouldn't worry about it. If your food is relatively fresh then a day out of the fridge is not going to hurt you.

People run into problems with spoilage when they leave food out of the fridge, then put it in the fridge at a later time and expect it to keep.

Edit: I am considering actual food poisoning. If you just don't like to eat food that is ambient temperature then I'm not sure what is best.
    Last edited by lcme; 11-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.

I agree Icme. As long as it's in an airtight container, I don't think I will worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    I know that I'm not answering your question, but why not just skip lunch? If you eat enough fat for breakfast you shouldn't be hungry at all.
    I thought about that. Currently, I have been IF'ing for 2-3 months, and I really enjoy it. If I do start this job soon, one thought was to have a huge breakfast, and then just have dinner in the evening. I could always bring a small snack.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    If you eat enough fat for breakfast you shouldn't be hungry at all.
    This makes IF'ing sound like a requirement and it's not. Let me fix this for you:

"If you eat enough fat for breakfast you can enjoy even more tasty fat for lunch and then go home and eat some more fat."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast