Thread: Nakd bars page

megalodon is offline Senior Member

Nakd bars

Shop Now
    Mrs Megalodon was shopping in Waitrose and came across a snack bar called "Nakd".

Produced by a company called Natural Balance Foods they are touted as "wheat,gluten,dairy and GM free".She brought home a berry flavoured bar and it was delicious.Flavours include cocoa,cashew cookie,apple pie,ginger bread,pecan pie and banana bread.They also produce orange,pineapple,lemon and cherry flavoured raisins which sound interesting.

Don't know if they are available outside the U.K. but keep your eyes open as they are well tasty.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    +1

i like the cashew one - just dates and cashews - nought else..

:-)
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Not to sound super paleo or anything like that honestly but I've no interest in this type of stuff even if it's actually good processed food.

I think it's cus I don't really like nuts/dry fruit though, not just in an effort to not eat anything that isn't packaged. I'd be interested to know how much sugar is in them though...

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Not to sound super paleo or anything like that honestly but I've no interest in this type of stuff even if it's actually good processed food.

I think it's cus I don't really like nuts/dry fruit though, not just in an effort to not eat anything that isn't packaged. I'd be interested to know how much sugar is in them though...
    +1. expensive bird food.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Looking at their flavors and ingredients, it sounds like they're pretty much the same as the Larabars you can get over here. They're good as an infrequent treat, or for traveling... and I've heard of some athletes using them instead of more processed forms of quick energy.

When I look at some of the ingredients lists, though, I start thinking - I could just make this myself for probably 1/10 the cost. I probably won't, because I'm lazy, but it does discourage me from buying them, haha.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I think those would be awesome if you needed rocket fuel mid marathon or something. I'm more of a lifter and sprinter though so, they don't fit with what I do.

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I think those would be awesome if you needed rocket fuel mid marathon or something. I'm more of a lifter and sprinter though so, they don't fit with what I do.
    Hi Daemonized,i run 10K'S which suit the boost factor of these small snackbars,also,iforgot to mention there is no added sugar so for people who use to munch Snickers and Mars and any other assorted crud i reckon these are a pretty good substitute.