Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Increased the Fat but page

Odar is offline Senior Member

Increased the Fat but

Primal Fuel
    have no appetite what so ever... am a bit worried my caloric intake will now be too low...am only scraping in at 1200 calories a day - and that is having minimal amount to eat for breakfast!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    you increased your fat and you're only at 1200 calories a day? that seems a little low to me. what are you eating?

i think if you're not hungry, you don't eat. your hunger should control when you eat...when you think you're supposed to eat should not control your hunger. if you have the energy to get up, move around, live your life and do a little dance every now and then...you're good.

Yeah I know - before I was eating fats but only as in butter and or fats around meats etc but I have since started off eating and cooking with VCO - and I love it! I have 2 tablespoons in the morning with a cup of green tea - and find that I don't need to eat anything. Same for lunch - I have some chicken and more VCO - probably 1 Tablespoon. When I get home I will down another 2 tablespoons with green tea prior to exercising... but this then leaves me too full or not hungry for anything else! I am struggling now to eat anything because I am not hungry.... also I find that I only my sleep are really deep and rested since taking the oil - and wake up really raring to go with no hunger what so ever! and being Type 2 diabetic my bloods have been fantastic! I am just worried that I am not eating enough to maintain my basal metabolic rate - or have I already killed that!

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    So, you're really only eating some chicken as far as anything that has nutrients. Come on! I mean, yes, coconut oil is supposed to have some health benefits but it can't be all you "eat". You'll need to cut it out for atleast one of your meals to get some real food in if it really makes you feel too full to eat.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie82 View Post
    So, you're really only eating some chicken as far as anything that has nutrients. Come on! I mean, yes, coconut oil is supposed to have some health benefits but it can't be all you "eat". You'll need to cut it out for atleast one of your meals to get some real food in if it really makes you feel too full to eat.
    agreed. even if you don't eat more calories (which i think you could), eat more food food. throw some eggs in there, and a veggie or two.

Oh sorry guys - Yes I do eat.. I have omlettes, chicken, bacon etc etc but for lunch at work - it would be chicken pieces and small salad. When I get home I will probably have some beef etc but what I am saying is - I am not hungry and sometime I just eat it because I am suppose to! On Sunday I had susages/bacon /tomato and 2 x scrambled eggs cooked with a bit of coconut milk and cooked in coconut oil. I played badmington and squash for a duration of two hours. ( I also took my VCO - 2 tablespoons first thing when I woke up). At about 4:00pm I was hungry so ate some roast chicken... but that was it till Monday lunchtime - I was not hungry at all.

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil does that to me, too. No appetite, and it makes me really warm and buzzy and sleepy. How about using one of your servings of oil in a dressing on a green salad? Maybe with some chopped eggs on it?

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Odar View Post
    Oh sorry guys - Yes I do eat.. I have omlettes, chicken, bacon etc etc but for lunch at work - it would be chicken pieces and small salad. When I get home I will probably have some beef etc but what I am saying is - I am not hungry and sometime I just eat it because I am suppose to! On Sunday I had susages/bacon /tomato and 2 x scrambled eggs cooked with a bit of coconut milk and cooked in coconut oil. I played badmington and squash for a duration of two hours. ( I also took my VCO - 2 tablespoons first thing when I woke up). At about 4:00pm I was hungry so ate some roast chicken... but that was it till Monday lunchtime - I was not hungry at all.
    I could probably go three days right now without getting hungry. Only natural on a high fat diet.

Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    I could probably go three days right now without getting hungry. Only natural on a high fat diet.
    Yes but is that allright? You know on my blood sugar meter - my readings are excellent and going down as low as 70 - which is a fantastic number for me. Also my wakeup numbers were great at 88 - however if I eat my dinner (like Last night) my reading this morning was high even though I went to be bed with a much lower reading!

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm having a similar problem. When I lay off the nuts/nut butters and cheese, which I tend to eat 200-300 calories worth of at a time, my calorie count always comes out to 900-1200 unless I'm totally underestimating the amount of butter that I use with meat and veggies. Is this ever okay for a mostly sedentary person? I ate this much for a couple of months and lost weight, then I stopped losing when I went back to 1300-1600, which had been my normal, unmoderated intake.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast