Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal approved Mac n' Cheese?? page 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    The best fake mac n cheese EVAH.

MOCKAFONI & CHEESE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Srsly. My kids love it. I fed it to my girlfriend who HATES cauliflower and she loved it. I usually do not do substitute types of food, but every once in a while you need comfort foods and this delivers all the good stuff with none of the bad. (And after a while you don't need or want the subs as much but it can be good as a bridge from the old ways...)

This is one of mine:

Attachment 2363

M
    I know this thread is really old, but I just made this recipe today for a grill-out party I'm going to. We are have having freshly made primal polish sausage and I was looking for a comfort-food side dish to serve with the sausages.

I used fresh cauliflower, not frozen, made the sauce on the stove top, added a little tapioca starch to thicken, and added a little parmesan cheese. I topped it at the end with extra chopped scallions and chives.

So very delicious!! I highly recommend it for the occasional comfort food side dish
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Anything with cheese makes me happy and now this link has reminded me that I love cauliflower cheese, put it all under the grill until crusty on top. Serious amounts of yum!
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cauliflower mac and cheese

Hubby LOVES LOVES LOVE this. Its his primal comfort food. I like it if I "burn" the top a little so there is a crunchy crust. I don't bother with the mustard-its great without it. However, if you don't do dairy then this recipe won't work.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123