Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fern's right...Autistic people obviously have no place on this Earth... page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

Angry Fern's right...Autistic people obviously have no place on this Earth...

Primal Fuel
    And, if that makes me a bitch, then I'm a bitch! I have no clue how to deal with people - I don't know what people are. I have had to live with this for nearly 40 years - no proper diagnosis, no help, no support no nothing (and, no, I'm NOT looking for sympathy - I'm laying it down like it is, like it always has been, like it probably always will be).

I didn't ask to be born like I am - fuck, I didn't ask to be born at all!

Now, is there anyone else who wishes to take a shot at me - go, on , give it your best - it's open season!

I spent last winter on the streets of Liverpool; the temperatures hardly ever rose above negative F. Every night I prayed to whatever might be listening that I'd not wake up; unfortunately every morning I did.

You're all right - I'm completely sub-human, sub-normal, sub-everything. Why do you think I've got 'PURE EVIL" etched on my arm?

I have fought for recognition, for proper acknowledgement of what I am - it's got me nowhere. Fern's right, I'm better off dead, but there's a paradox there; if I'm dead then I'm no longer suffering and surely someone as evil as I evidently am deserves to suffer...?

There's no room in this world for a girl like me
    No place around there will I fit in...?

Manic Street Preachers, Born A Girl, Lifeblood.

But before I do take Fern's sage advice and top myself; answer this one question: - why would I - or anyone else - set out to be DELIBERATELY nasty? You call me a bitch and I don't understand why. You call me evil and I don't understand why. I am me - Sarah Jane Balfour, the Martian On the Forum.

Goodnight and, hopefully, goodbye.

Sarah
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Sarah, my one piece of advice to you, as a fellow Aspergian, is this: you must stop caring so much about what everyone else thinks of you. They aren't going to be kind. They just aren't. The way you and I tend to come across on forums is like we're hysterical, babyish, emotional maniacs if we don't exercise control. I do; you don't. You need to learn to control when and how you post, and if someone says something shitty to you, IGNORE IT. Their opinion vs. your self-control - which is more important to you?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    SV-
    Lie down with the dogs, get up with the fleas. Don't argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I know you're intelligent enough to catch what I'm saying with those two statements. I also know that you value your life enough not to do anything as foolish as suicide. If you are fully considering that (I sincerely hope you are not), there are suicide hotlines everywhere in the world, even in Britain. A suicide hotline saved my life once. Don't discount them because you don't know the person on the other side.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I finally must ask this; It takes at least a little concious thought to type something out, no? This is not a case of blurting out the first thing on your mind, it actually takes a second or two to go from brain to fingertips. I mean, I type out my thoughts, backspace because of a spelling error or poor grammar and I can proof read and re-read what I typed. What is it about AS that would cause the written word to be as "in your face" as the spoken word?

Did that come out right?

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    SV - im neither Asperbergers no autistic nor do i have much experience in these areas
    but i have read many of yr posts and what comes across to me is the brutal honesty you express about yrself and others.. so what is on yr mind is what comes out in print and no doubt verbally as well ... it seems to me that the "shades of grey" which non Asp and non autistic people experience just dont exist for you and that makes it hard for us to understand ...

For what its worth ive also seen great beauty in yr posts and in you ... i dont see evil or a bitch or any such thing .. you are who you are in the great melting pot of humanity and that makes you good and worthwhile and as good and worthwhile as anyone else

and if you are seriously considering taking Ferns advice (if such crass nonsense can be called advice) then pls get help NOW.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Sarah, my one piece of advice to you, as a fellow Aspergian, is this: you must stop caring so much about what everyone else thinks of you. They aren't going to be kind. They just aren't. The way you and I tend to come across on forums is like we're hysterical, babyish, emotional maniacs if we don't exercise control. I do; you don't. You need to learn to control when and how you post, and if someone says something shitty to you, IGNORE IT. Their opinion vs. your self-control - which is more important to you?
    This is the problem here. Admittedly I know nothing about Asperger's but you Griff seem to control yourself WAY better than S_V to the point where if you had never admitted to having it I or any others would never know.

I know Sarah has exhibited plenty of positive qualities (in my opinion) but her lashing out is so uncalled for most of the time that it makes it hard to deal with. Obviously I don't want her to die, but I would like if it she exercised more self restraint. I'm assuming that this is easier for some (ie: you) than it is for other sufferers.

MarkP is offline Member
    who the hell is Fern?

Iskander is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    This is the problem here. Admittedly I know nothing about Asperger's but you Griff seem to control yourself WAY better than S_V to the point where if you had never admitted to having it I or any others would never know.

I know Sarah has exhibited plenty of positive qualities (in my opinion) but her lashing out is so uncalled for most of the time that it makes it hard to deal with. Obviously I don't want her to die, but I would like if it she exercised more self restraint. I'm assuming that this is easier for some (ie: you) than it is for other sufferers.
    Different folks get hit with things at different levels. Autism is a spectrum, and some people just happen to sit closer to the "normal" end (Griff and myself, for example).

From what I, personally, experience I can't really say it's all about self restraint. I obviously can't comment for SV, but I've known folks (and I have some issues with this) who very simply did not see or understand the world in the same way as normals. Different view of the world can lead to some very different behaviors.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i think "self-control" means you must know what it is you're controlling. correct me if I'm wrong Sarah, but it's possible she just doesn't realize how she comes across because she lacks the ability to put herself in another's shoes. this is a skill that comes easily for most, but must be painstakingly learned by those with asperger's. Just a guess, as a person who isn't an aspie.

Sarah, my advice to you is to not care about what others say to you. sometimes it's easier said than done, but remember that they don't know you (and obviously, neither do I).

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No one likes to feel irrelevant, no one likes to feel like the world wouldn't notice if they died, its not nice to be contemplating dying as a means of relief. I feel that way too, alot, so I feel bad and sad for you if you honestly feel that way. I really do. ..but its hard to know when you are simply trying to incite more attention and 'poor Sarah' remarks after you witness a wave of disgust at yet another offensive post you have directed to someone who did not deserve it.

You have enough insight to know the difference between your Aspergers reactions and deliberately abusing people. You are smart and you have insight. You also know how to switch off the computer. Don't blame your Aspergers for everything you do, in my opinion you have a real nasty or a bitchy streak that you continually get away with because you continually blame your Aspergers instead of looking at your behaviour. Attacking people about spelling or grammar? about their personal decisions? about personal information they are disclosing in this safe environment? You attack people with nasty cruel unsolicited comments that require thought and time to deliver as kcult says. If you don't accept this, and continue to say you have no control over it then consider this - every action has repercussions. Aspergers or not when you continually insult people, people are eventually going to react. If you don't like it, how do you think the recipients of your abuse feel.

Go for a walk, contemplate how people are reacting to your shitty comments (after a sustained period of tolerance), and if you recognise that reaction is going to get you down, don't go onto forums.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast