Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some tips needed (I think!) page

Stewart is offline Member

Some tips needed (I think!)

Primal Fuel
    Breakfast is typically some gluten free 80% pork sausages, and 3 egg yolks (gf doesn't eat them so I happily do so!)...sometimes I'd have a bigger one consisting of the above with either bacon or black pudding.

Snacks throughout the day are usually nuts (cashews/almonds/brazil nuts) and some fruit, but really not a whole lot of fruit, maybe just an apple and a banana.

Lunch would be what's leftover from the previous night, I cook a whole chicken once a week so sometimes I bring in some of that and have it with a sweet potato. If I'm weightlifting during lunch then I'd have a bit more. Other meats I'd have during the week are steak/beef burgers/salmon fillets/pork chops (with apple stuffing)...

Dinner would be the same as the meats above but no potato. I'd normally just have some veg, well, a lot of veg with it - brussel sprouts/carrots/spinach/broccoli/cauliflower.

And my evening treat has become a bowl of natural organic yogurt, with a good helping of double cream, a couple of squares of some 85% chocolate and some flaked almonds mixed in.

So yeah, do I need to change much here?

Thanks for reading!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    What are your goals at the moment?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Woops, that's kinda important. Well I'm 6ft and around the 185lbs mark or so. I lift weights three times a week and that's it - not a gym fanatic by any means, just want to go in there and get the big lifts done and get home. I would like to be a tad bit leaner if I'm being totally honest.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    If leaning down some is your goal I would suggest cutting back on the carbs some, so the nuts and fruits need to be scaled back.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Hey,

You say to cut carbs down but then say to scale back the nuts? But there's very few carbs in them, sorry that bit just confused me...

Thanks

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    nuts are very high in carbs, my suggestions would be cut back on the fruit and nuts too just until you get to where you want then you can add more back in.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Just from the point of view of general health, sounds as though you're a bit low on plants - is that just one meal a day with vegetables? Mark's food pyramid, if I remember rightly, has meat sitting on top of a mountain of vegetables, and it makes sense to me to have meals that look like that, too.

Hey,

Um, yep, pretty much just the one meal with veg (and that's the meal I cook at home, usually throw in a load of frozen veg into a pot). I'd have sweet potato after training on other days though. Hmm, I should probably start introducing some veg to my breakfast - recommendations on what to sit beside some bacon and eggs in the morning?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I have onion, tomato, and spinach sauted up with chopped up bacon every morning. Makes a very satisfying heap of food, which I top with the scrambled eggs.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The above post just highlighting how lazy I am

I'll definitely try that out in the morning, probably minus the tomato as I'm not the biggest fan. So I presume you cook the bacon, then put it on a plate and cooking the veg in the bacon fat/butter for a couple of mins?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast