Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Women - your body was built to kick ass page

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Women - your body was built to kick ass

http://jezebel.com/5689226/a-call-to...-and-shoulders

I particularly like this sentence:

"There's merit in finding something-anything- to do with your body that you love, and loving when your body is able to do it."

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    +1 Ladies of the world I beseech you to please stop being so skinny you look like the undead; unless by undead, I mean like Selene from Underworld.....if so please PM me IMMEDIATELY! Like now.

I really liked the overall tone and message of the article, something about being so skinny that a woman begins to lose her periods seems incredibly unhealthy in my mind.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    You know that thing about men not liking women who are taller than them? Well I'm 6'6" and there's nothing I find less attractive than a woman who's skinnier than me.

Yesterday my wife asked me to design her a workout - she said "I want to get really strong". I'm over the moon!

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Great article! I just posted it to my Facebook page.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Great stuff, my gf also wants to "get strong" but I have a hard time not understanding why she doesn't want to do the workouts I do, or the progressions to get to where I am.

She equates working out with doing a workout video, which may be more challenging than I give them credit for (we're supposed to do one together sometime soon) but I bet they lean more on the cardio side. I guess we'll see, maybe they're a decent starting point.

lolov is offline Senior Member
    That is pure awesomeness!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Great stuff, my gf also wants to "get strong" but I have a hard time not understanding why she doesn't want to do the workouts I do, or the progressions to get to where I am.

She equates working out with doing a workout video, which may be more challenging than I give them credit for (we're supposed to do one together sometime soon) but I bet they lean more on the cardio side. I guess we'll see, maybe they're a decent starting point.
    I think a lot of women out there are still living under the CW mindset that lifting heavy will make them too bulky, and low weight high reps will tone them out.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Mattman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure8410 View Post
    I think a lot of women out there are still living under the CW mindset that lifting heavy will make them too bulky, and low weight high reps will tone them out.
    I instil this first off in all of the women that I train or give advice to. There's alot of misinformation I want to dispel in regards to CW, like alot of people still think it's bad to go deep in a squat(flexibility permitted) *shakes head*
    Here's my resolve.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Great article! Think I'll go do some heavy-weighted chins and lunges later today! ;-)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure8410 View Post
    She knows better from hearing me yap about it. She also has some strength goals that she doesn't tackle directly which confuses me. For instance, she wants to do a chin up, but doesn't work towards it consistently enough. I don't know, one thing at a time I'm working on her eating better first, hoping the rest follows.

I don't care how she works out honestly as long as she's enjoying herself at the end of the day you know? I found her doing thrusters with her water jug so it's a start!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast