Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool "Grass-Fed" Site page 2

Clay Guest

Shop Now

Helen is right on. If it's not grass-finished, its fatty acid profile will be similar to a cow that ate grain all its life. As far as I understand, anything labeled "100% grass-fed" is grass-finished.

Oxyjenn is offline Junior Member

another good site would be grassfedtraditions.com

check it out!

adamsaysyo is offline Member

Farmer's Markets in Los Angeles have a seller who sells "Grass Finished" beef. I bought some when I first started, but then I read their brochure... they feed their cows Barley at some point... When you ask if they are 100% GF, they say "more importantly, you should ask if its grass finished!!", and then you realize later they never answered the question.

I can't even find another stand at the farmer's market that sells 100%GF beef... how strange is that?? They do have a 100GF bison stand, which is amazingly delicious, but much more expensive at 9 bucks a pound.... Whole Paycheck sells 100GF beef for about 6.50 a pound - so i go there sometimes.

The Big L is offline Senior Member

Chris -

$5/lb is unbelievable! I just paid $24/lb for some 100% grass fed beef. Granted it's a 2" thick tenderloin and tastes absolutely amazing....but dang, it's hard on the wallet.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member

SuperTarget markets (well, mine anyway) sell a small amount of grass-fed meat (ground beef and bison, at least). Might be worth checking if there's one near you.

The Big L is offline Senior Member

Er, sorry, I said "Chris" when I meant "Clay" in my last post.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

I second the rec for Marin Sun Farms. Great prices, outstanding quality, all the organs, special orders for whatever you want... they are great! These days most of the meat I eat is from that farm. I buy a lot of things that are $5-8 pound including roasts, brisket, pork belly, goat shoulder, all kinds of organs... all fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12