Thread: Primal Journal - sharonss page

sharonss is offline Member

Primal Journal - sharonss

Shop Now
    Here we go. . .

5'3", 175 pounds. So says the doctor on Monday. Female, if that makes any difference. Geezus. How'd I get this way? I've heard the term "fatorexic" to label people in denial about being fat. If that's the case, I'm the poster child.

My first "real" week of going Primal is going well. I had been dabbling for two or three weeks before the ill-fated trip to the doctor's scale. Now, it's time for getting real. Real Grok, that is!

My husband, saboteur extrordinnare, took me out for a latte and a "treat" tonight. I got soy, sugar free, took two sips, then waited for him to leave before I poured it out. It just tasted like a chemical slurry. I came home to an awesome chicken, pineapple and sundry salad that I saved from my hyooge lunch of more chicken and sauteed veg. I bought the salad from the salad bar as extra veg, but got too full to eat it.

Took a bite of an oatmeal raisin cookie today, just out of habit, and put it aside. The gratification is just not there anymore. I'll take that as a good sign.

Reading Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food." Amazing stuff. Just the phrase "edible foodlike substances" makes my stomach churn now. "Novel products of food science," he goes on to call the "middle aisles" things you find in the grocery store.

Onward and upward (or downward goes the scale). . .

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Welcome sharon! I'm shorter than you - 5'1", and at my heaviest I was 200 lbs, and in denial about it being a problem too, even after I developed hormonal problems as a result. It creeps up on us. And here we are, taking control of it!

Wink

Thanks! You're my new hero.
    "I don't want to die without any scars."
    Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...33991-sharonss

Lived through Thanksgiving, invoking the 20% rule. No guilt. that is definitely a good sign. The scale hasn't moved, but it's only been 3 weeks, with holidays interspersed. With the greatly increased fat intake of late, and no scale movement, I consider it a success so far.

Just waiting to take a few more tests at the cardiologist to implement physical activity. I'm a 41 year old female with a cardiologist. Sheesh.

Husband is still a saboteur. He bought a bottle of wine and made ice cream yesterday, on top of all the extravagant desserts at the neighbor's house I had to navigate around.

He is driven by fear of change and failure. So am I, but I can't let it rule me forever. Perhaps it is a luxury reserved for women with professionally-employed husbands. I can afford to change and fail because I don't pay the mortgage. Regardless, he looks to me to be the breath of fresh air. I am always moving, changing, and refreshing to him. Sometimes, I blow a little to chaotically for him, to continue the metaphor. That pisses him off.

Ah well. No guilt over yesterday's 20%. Today is a new day and I want VFFs for Christmas.
    "I don't want to die without any scars."
    Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...33991-sharonss