Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ♥ Dragonfly page 44

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    hormones do that, tell you what!

I'm having a day. perhaps a several days. so frustrating. (not about food, water, shelter, or exercise. or vitamin d.) but, i haven't turned to eating, which is *awesome*.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Can't believe a week has gone by...

So the steak and eggs diet had to wait until after my TOM. I was able to keep my overall food intake reasonable and stay in ketosis, but I wasn't in a place to do any restricting. I should know this by now, but I always forget.

I also got horribly bloated for about 4 days. Never had this experience before and at first I was confused as to the cause.

Finally, I realized that I had been drinking a lot more alcohol of late. Basically a drink every day. Normally, I am a once a week kinda gal, but the hot weather must have addled my brain, lol!

Alcohol + perimenopause = estrogen dominance (for some.) Estrogen dominance = bloating. So I stopped the boozing, am applying a dab of Progesterone cream before bed and everything has been returning to normal over the last 2 days. Whew!

Today I am back to meat & eggs (and a wee bit of chocolate butter, so I don't feel deprived!)

Tea w/cream, bone broth
    Hot dogs, pickles, kombucha
    steak, eggs, chocolate butter, limeade

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My friend made us some caramel corn, right? Now the kid has THE WORST gas ever. Poor critter.

Ouch!
    Funny, that I have not been tempted by popcorn at all since going keto. It used to be my fave treat...

Tea w/cream, bone broth
    Tortilla espanola, local huckleberry pork sausage
    Bacon, leftover steak, chocolate butter
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-21-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Tea w/cream, bone broth
    Steak leftovers, deviled eggs, liver pâté, chocolate butter
    Cottage cheese
    Kefir smoothie

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Dragonfly, I just wanted to thank you SO much for all the advice you gave me about Vit D supplementation! I can't believe the difference in my skin in just three weeks. In the last few years I've become really pasty, but suddenly my skin is back to the golden colour it used to be when I was younger! I'm guessing all those years of Vit D deprivation gradually built up :P And, even more impressively, my keratosis pillars has disappeared! I've had this since I was a teenager, and nothing has gotten rid of it before. My skin feels amazing all over. I researched it, and discovered that it's probably the Vit D

So thanks again!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yay! So glad it is working for you. Hands down, D3, going gluten-free and figuring out that I feel best on a ketogenic diet are the three best things I have ever done for my health.

Took a few days off my PSMF to get some good fats in. I definitely notice a difference in my skin softness when I drop the dietary fat.

Yesterday
    Tea w/cream, bone broth
    Ham, pork liver pâté
    Cheese, pickles, chocolate butter, kefir

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yay! So glad it is working for you. Hands down, D3, going gluten-free and figuring out that I feel best on a ketogenic diet are the three best things I have ever done for my health.
    For me, diet-wise, it's been going gluten-free, giving up starch!

Can I ask - what's the difference between D3 and D in your opinion?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast