Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ♥ Dragonfly page 42

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    YB~ Honestly, do what you want--it's your body! I already told you my thoughts.
    I know... I'm a slow processor thanks again - i really appreciate your advice.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

richard is offline Senior Member
    quick caution on progesterone -- don't take the creams. Take the pure bio-identical progesterone in oil only. Progesterelle is one such brand and all it has is oil and progesterone. The creams contain xeno-estrogens, often parabens, and are not healthy.

This is what my wife uses:

Progesterone Cream Oil SPECIALTY Progestelle PRESERVATIVE FREE - Women's Therape

Another great take-down of the vlc=hypothyroid myth:

Low-Carb Diets and T3: A False Alarm | A Worldly Monk
    good article, thank you. It's something I'm researching now as I want to make sure that my diet is working long term. The anti-vlc people say that people like me will have elevated cortisol and messed up thyroids and it's only a matter of time. I don't think this is true but I want to really figure it out.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    quick caution on progesterone -- don't take the creams. Take the pure bio-identical progesterone in oil only. Progesterelle is one such brand and all it has is oil and progesterone. The creams contain xeno-estrogens, often parabens, and are not healthy.

This is what my wife uses:

Progesterone Cream Oil SPECIALTY Progestelle PRESERVATIVE FREE - Women's Therape
    Pro-gest cream is paraben-free and I have used it with some small success for perimenopausal symptoms, pre-Primal.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-07-2013 at 07:54 AM.

good article, thank you. It's something I'm researching now as I want to make sure that my diet is working long term. The anti-vlc people say that people like me will have elevated cortisol and messed up thyroids and it's only a matter of time. I don't think this is true but I want to really figure it out.
    Yeah, there is a lot of misinformation/mythology out there. I am not concerned at all about being in long-term vlc/ketosis after all my reading.

Yeah, there is a lot of misinformation/mythology out there. I am not concerned at all about being in long-term vlc/ketosis after all my reading.
    I'm reaching that point myself...

Wow, long break in posting my food!

We had a great 4th with friends. Hung out at a lake, swam with the doggies, ate yummy food...

We had green chile pork that day and some outrageously good margaritas, all courtesy my amazing DH. And they adored my chocolate butter!

I think I mentioned the poutine already...then on Sun we had some mediocre BBQ at the Boise Sesquicentennial celebration and a small amount of potato salad. I think that was enough of a carb-up for me!

Monday food:
    Tea w/cream, pork broth,
    Pastured Pork chop w/duck eggs, limeade
    Raw goats kefir
    Cheese, chocolate butter
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-09-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Got our hands on some raw goats milk from a small producer in town. We have a weekly pick-up until they lay off milking in the fall. Made kefir last week and this week I am going to attempt soft cheese. Very excited!

Got our hands on some raw goats milk from a small producer in town. We have a weekly pick-up until they lay off milking in the fall. Made kefir last week and this week I am going to attempt soft cheese. Very excited!
    never had raw goat's milk before...should be great. Do you have kefir grains that you use?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    never had raw goat's milk before...should be great. Do you have kefir grains that you use?
    It's really yummy!

Nah, I'm lazy! I start it with about 1 part storebought kefir to 4 parts raw milk. Then I save a bit of the homemade kefir and use it to start the next batch. I can do this about 4-5 times, then the grains are exhausted. I don't strain out the kefir grains, we just make it into smoothies.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast