Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ♥ Dragonfly page 35

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    He seems to be doing some (subtle) backtracking in the comments for that post. Or maybe I'm just reading that in. But someone wrote in saying that they weren't losing at that rate, and he said MANY but not ALL would lose one pound a day. He didn't use the word 'majority' like he did with you. I just did a completely (non) scientific study on my blog asking for people to post their rate of loss, and only 2 lost that quickly! So that certainly doesn't qualify as MANY either.

Yup. Saw that! He still didn't edit the original post, (and apparently makes the same claim in his book, so I saw in the comments on another blog.)

Yawn. I have no time for such antics!

I liked your poll!

I'm psyched! Almost finished with my e-book and just launched my FaceBook Page today!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pregn...09160759129785

Am getting several clients from the UK, what gives?

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    hey, clients from the uk work too!

hopefully you'll hit the local market too and really take off!

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

Well, actually I have been back on the forum for several months, but I am only now ready to revive my journal.

Started blogging again on my website, too!

Here are my three latest posts (if you like them, please comment on my blog, PLEASE?!):
    Sun: Neglected Nourishment - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind
    Optimizing Sleep - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind
    Three Key Supplements - Sondra Rose: Happy Mind

I've been really happy with my Primal lifestyle for the past three years, but I wanted to lose my last few pounds of belly fat & had been pretty frustrated with my progress last year. In May, I did a month of Alternate Day Fasting, which helped me drop the inch I had put on my waist. I didn't find it sustainable--my body doesn't really like 36 hour fasts, though 20-24 are no problem.

Three weeks ago, I decided to go ketogenic--thanks in part to awesome Paleobird and Richard's thread. For me, this meant dropping my carbs down to <40g from 70-100. I did vlc for 6 weeks about 3 months into Primal eating, but I was also restricting calories and felt pretty worn out. I suspect this is a large part of the problem for those who don't do well with vlc.

The first week was a bit challenging, but I got my electrolytes dialed in, mostly by salting my food more with sea salt (note: do not use kosher salt--only sodium, no other minerals!) Keeping my protein lowish (~60-70gm) also really helped.

So far, I am finding it effortless and my appetite/metabolism seems to be balancing out easily. I am not hungry until 11-12 and I pretty much eat one large meal, one smaller meal and sometimes a snack. Lots of energy and more mental clarity/focus.

Lost another inch off my lower belly, too! Just weighed myself at a friend's house and I am 125 lbs, down 7 lbs from when I weighed myself at the Science center in early March. (No scale at home, yay!) I was ~122 lbs when I was a personal trainer at age 36.

I am blogging more often & will likely post the links here, so stay tuned, if you like what I am writing.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I missed you.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Glad you've got a journal Dragonfly! You make some very interesting posts. Will be checking in
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I missed you.
    Missed you, too, ZB! I've kept up a bit on your life via PB's thread. Sounds like things are deepening and calming, in a good way. Is that true?

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Glad you've got a journal Dragonfly! You make some very interesting posts. Will be checking in
    Great to see you here, YB!

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast