Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ♥ Dragonfly page 34

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Great post, Dragonfly -- summarizes so much that I've seen in a nice handy post, plus some other tips that I hadn't seen before. Not planning to respawn but I'll be sure to point primal pregnancy questioners to this post!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Okay, so you can see that I am in and out of this place, lol!

Not so much to report Primal-wise, but I'm back to blogging more often.

Hey Folks~

I needed to rant a tiny bit, so decided to do it here...

Dr. William Davis has just lost a fan. Me.

In his latest blog post he claims :

"I fully recognize that it defies credibility, but the typical effect of abrupt and total wheat elimination is weight loss of one pound per day. "

Right. Maybe for some, but certainly not "typical" results from what I have seen here or on Paleohacks.

My response:
    Yes, it DOES defy credibility and observation.

From my year-long observation of the Paleo/Primal community, this is simply NOT true--or only true for heavily obese men. Women and those of us who only have 10-15 lbs to lose, drop fat at a MUCH slower rate.

I dropped 4 lbs of water weight in my first week wheat-free but my last 10 lbs of body fat took me 4 months to lose.

PLEASE don't over-inflate the weight loss effects of cutting wheat--it's not necessary and reduces YOUR credibility.

His reply:
    Critics: Throw all the stones you like, but I know what I see: Weight is lost at the rate of a pound a day in the majority. There are potential confounding factors, of course, such as eating gluten-free junk carbs and thyroid conditions. So wheat elimination does not make you impervious to other factors. But keep on reading the posts here and in my blog and you will see how common the one-pound-a-day weight loss is. And I don't know why this simple practice is so effective.

I found his response so arrogant that I have "unliked" him and deleted the many Wheat Belly FB posts I have shared on my wall.

Guess it's a good thing I never got around to buying his book! I just can't stand a prima donna attitude...

I'll just have to keep sharing Mark's posts instead.

Otherwise, I am doing well and the 50 mg of zinc picolinate I have been taking for the last 3 weeks is definitely reducing my Day 1 menstrual cramps--so far, so good!

They aren't completely gone, but just uncomfortable instead of being painful.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    . His reply: Critics: Throw all the stones you like, but I know what I see: Weight is lost at the rate of a pound a day in the majority. There are potential confounding factors, of course, such as eating gluten-free junk carbs and thyroid conditions.
    1. Gay Panda does not eat gluten-free junk carbs. Lady Friend does not eat gluten-free junk carbs.
    2. Gay Panda does not have a thyroid condition. Lady Friend does not have a thyroid condition.

And yet we are most definitely NOT losing a pound a day. Nowhere close! We both shucked some water weight in the beginning, and then weight loss slowed down to a crawl. If I'd lost a pound a day, I would have been thin months ago.

Thank you for posting this. I was about to buy the book. Now I'll just get it from the library.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 10-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Ooooh! I am honored and excited to see you posting in my journal, GP!

I am definitely a fan of YOURS.

Now to catch up on your journal and get my knickers out of the twist they were in!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that is just silly. he could have been polite and said "thanks for that."

For sure, J.

Apparently, some other folks have gotten similar responses. Yuck.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    What a bizarre response. I could see such hostility if you had posted something along the lines of wheat being necessary for good health or something, but you are saying you lost weight grain free just not at the rate he claims.....why on earth would he pounce on you or call you a "critic".

Nice web-side manner doc

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast