Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfit page

jasonph is offline Senior Member

Crossfit

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Who does it? Do you do MP or crossfit football or strength bias? how many times a week? how long have you been doing it?

I'm doing crossfit football, for the time being. I think next year I'm gonna hit a hybrid of crossfit endurance and football or something similar. I do 3-1-2-1, but I don't hesitate to take extra days off if I need them. I eat mostly primal, don't worry too much about legumes, indulge maybe a bit too much on sweets (which I am working on), and often eat rice.

Uhhh. So, yeah..

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Not quite sure what you mean by
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonph View Post
    Do you do MP or crossfit football or strength bias?
    but I crossfit.

I did it for about 8 months a couple years ago then got bust and just quit (I was doing it on my own at that point) Then this August I joined our local gym and I've been doing it ever since. I go 4 times a week usually sometimes I miss a day here or there.

Thats how I found paleo and then primal. I'm going whole 30 right now and we'll see how it goes.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    My partner is a certified 1 trainer and assigns me workouts when I can fit them into my schedule. I usually aim for about 4 times a week. And a bit over a year and a half (I think); I originally started training for powerlifting but she corrupted me.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I crossfit at a local box 5-6 days a week. I <3 crossfit. It has changed my life.

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    I crossfit 4-5 times a week with strength 3 times a week as im aiming to compete =]
    make sure your eating enough to cover what you burn with crossfit cause it can be hard..
    i fnd myself drinking coconut milk stright at times to get the fat! lol =]

Everymom2Ironmom is offline Junior Member
    I Crossfit in my garage. Hubby and I built a full CF area in the garage last year. Have to admit I rarely do an actual CF workout anymore, maybe 1 - 2x a week. I incorporate CF-style workouts into a kickboxing class I teach 3x a week though. We have about 30 min. of kickboxing and a 15 minute CF-style WOD. I took all my kettlebells, medballs, boxes, jumpropes, etc. into the dojo to use in the class. I still have the rower and weights at home. Also swim and trail run. Triathlon train in the summer months.

Paalen is offline Junior Member
    Started doing mainpage WOD's last January. It taught me A LOT and got me to this site. Since then I've decided I don't care to be an elite athlete but I want to be able to run a 10k at the drop of a hat and also Deadlift (300), Squat (275), Military Press (175), and Bench (250).

So now I run once every week. Practice those four lifts + pullups, goodmornings & planks. And participate in sports as often as possible.

As soon as I'm happy with those four lifts I'll probably start picking up some more gymnastics & oly lifts

onawave is offline Junior Member
    i started doing crossfit around 3 - 4 weeks ago. love the training method and im seeing improvements across the board. i switched onto paleo however before starting crossfit, and thats where ive seen the biggest improvements....

i would encourage anyone thinking about giving crossfit a go, to just get in there...

you will be worked hard - but its worth it

gingergenocide is offline Junior Member
    Hey I'm a CrossFit L1 instructor (who isn't these days!), and yeah I CrossFit, probably 4-5 times a week, using kettlebells and bodyweight exercises as my main tools - I think CrossFit fits in well with a primal lifestyle, though it is clearly not for everybody.

If you're going to give it a go, wade in slowly, try find a box that'll break you in with a fundamentals course for the first 2-4 weeks, the longer the better to be honest as you don't want to get injured.

dc

Paalen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gingergenocide View Post
    Hey I'm a CrossFit L1 instructor (who isn't these days!), and yeah I CrossFit, probably 4-5 times a week, using kettlebells and bodyweight exercises as my main tools - I think CrossFit fits in well with a primal lifestyle, though it is clearly not for everybody.

If you're going to give it a go, wade in slowly, try find a box that'll break you in with a fundamentals course for the first 2-4 weeks, the longer the better to be honest as you don't want to get injured.

dc
    Agreed! Its IMPOSSIBLE to wade into Crossfit too slowly. That's the only problem I have with the program. There is SO much out there people go way to fast way to quickly. I did, but was fortunate enough to not hurt myself more than tweaking a few muscles that only took a week or so to recover.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast