Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is something wrong with sign in? page

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member

is something wrong with sign in?

Its taken me ages to figure out that for some reason the 'user name' prompt stays in the field (but somewhere hidden on the right) so you have to keep pressing delete and backspace to clear the field entirely before trying to sign in. Is this my imagination? Is it my computer being weird?

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Yes something is wrong. I emailed to get my password changed three times because I thought I was entering it wrong. I finally tried every possible combination of deletes and backspaces to totally clear the Username field. There is some wierd programming thing that causes the cursor to land in the middle of the field, rather than the far left. I wonder if it is a Mac vs PC thing. I have a Mac that I was trying it on. I may try tomorrow on a different computer, a PC, and see if it does the same thing.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I have to keep clicking the name box until it highlights and allows me to type so that my name appears to the left of the field and not the middle or the right side.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    phew - thought it was just me. though clearly everyone is eventually figuring it out!

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for posting this. I haven't been able to sign in all weekend.

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Same for me - I think it happened when they changed the header to the new one that is up now. I have to triple-click the box so it highlights the whole thing, backspace, and then enter my username. I also had my password changed twice! Ha! Glad we are figuring this out. I was so sad being unable to log into the forums for a day...!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    Yes something is wrong. I emailed to get my password changed three times because I thought I was entering it wrong. I finally tried every possible combination of deletes and backspaces to totally clear the Username field. There is some wierd programming thing that causes the cursor to land in the middle of the field, rather than the far left. I wonder if it is a Mac vs PC thing. I have a Mac that I was trying it on. I may try tomorrow on a different computer, a PC, and see if it does the same thing.

Jeff - glad to see there's someone else enlightened here! I read this, and then tried using 4 different browsers (Safari, Opera, Firefox and Chrome under Snow Leopard 6.4) and the same browsers under XP (installed using Boot Camp). I don't appear to have any problems (for once - usually, if anyone's gonna have probs, it's gonna be me! )
    La tristesse durera toujours...

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Had the same problem on a PC. After hitting delete and backspace several times it finally logged me in.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Had this problem with explorer, firefox seems to be okay

john_e_turner_ii is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, it's been messed up for Google Chrome too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast